PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Gray Squirrel Within

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

lochjessmonster

Gray Squirrel Within

Postby lochjessmonster » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:41 pm

So, here are a few picture I took of the young orphaned gray squirrel my family and I have been taking care of. He's the fifth one we've raised, but he's very different from any of the other's we've had. We're not sure why exactly, but he's much cuddlier than any of the others- not sure if it's because he's a male and all the others have been female, or because the others were raised with a sibling (2 and 2). I think it's probably because he didn't have a sibling to bond to, and get bonded to us instead. He's incredibly cuddly (much past the age when our previous babies stopped allowing us to hold/touch) and very sweet. Hopefully the lack of fear of humans won't be any issue- all of our neighbors love him and none of them would hurt a squirrel (thank goodness).

He has run of our patio when he wants it, as well as a little den box with towels, but we leave the door open so he typically spends the morning outside in the wooded area of our backyard and comes back in the afternoon when everyone in the family gets home from school and work.

And this is him tonight, when he get sleepy and curled up in the top of my shirt. I couldn't resist taking some pictures. He's such a love.

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Gray Squirrel Within

Postby Ash » Tue Apr 16, 2013 10:46 pm

He's so cute. I just love how they look when they're little--so adorable. That's cool that he can roam outside and then he'll come back.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
lochjessmonster

Re: Gray Squirrel Within

Postby lochjessmonster » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:13 pm

The ones we've raised in the past have also returned for the night, but after they were released they didn't like being 'held' as much. They'd come to us on their own terms, jump on our shoulders and take food, but they didn't usually let us touch/pet. His absolute favorite thing is to get scratches and curl up under our shirts. he's also big on the 'no, you have to come and get me' game. This consists of him sitting at the lowest branch of our cypress tree, grunting at me until I come to him, and jumping onto the next highest branch, grunting at me until I come up after him, and repeating the process until he feels like I've worked hard/climbed high enough. Then he'll jump on my shoulder or hide in my shirt for the ride down. He can be a brat, but yes, so adorable. >.<

Return to “Photos & Photography”