PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Ronin and the goose

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Missfit

Ronin and the goose

Postby Missfit » Wed Apr 24, 2013 4:53 pm

This is Ronin, a 7 y/o appy stud that my fiance and I took in as a rescue last spring.
.....And the shorter guy next to him in all the pics is Ruckus, his...um... "life mate?" This crazy goose stayed with Roni day and night for almost a year. We think he may have lost his mate (not to mention a few too many marbles) and decided that our stallion needed a big strong gander to protect him. We made it through all of last summer with this insane bird always underfoot, but when he started getting really aggressive (He did not appreciate us humans messing around with his horse, and Ronin was starting to get dangerously impatient with him) we ended up having to call in a rescue group to relocate him to a Canadian colony.

He was probably one of the the most obnoxious creatures on the planet, but I have to admit, watching him out there strutting up and down the paddock trying to keep up with his "mate" was such a unique treat.
Attachments
IMG_0241s.jpg
rng6s.jpg
ronin2012s.jpg
Heather
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ronin and the goose

Postby Ash » Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:40 pm

Aaw, cute little goose, lol! Maybe he just wanted a big strong friend. :)

Your horse is beautiful. That was very kind of you to take him in. Can you ride him at all, or is he not trained to be ridden?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Missfit

Re: Ronin and the goose

Postby Missfit » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:23 pm

He really is one sweetest and most willing horses I've ever been on. You would never know he's a stud. Most of the time I actually ride him bareback and without a bit. The conditions he was in when we came across him were beyond terrible, he looked like a skeleton and was completely lame, tied to a tree in someone's backyard a few counties away. Just awful. We were planning on having him.... ahem... "altered" this past fall so that he can have a real pasture mate, but never quite got around to it. The goose was actually part of the reason for that (how would you explain to your vet that the procedure must be completed with a vicious wild goose underfoot?)
We tried feeding him to make friends, but he wanted nothing to do with humans. It finally escalated to him having as fit every time we came in the fence (flapping his wings, honking, hissing, and running back and forth under Ronin) and we decided that for his own good (and longevity) he needed to find a new home. The call to the sanctuary, however, was priceless: shockingly enough, they had never had a nuisance goose call quite like that before. :lol:
Heather

Return to “Photos & Photography”