PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Wild Wonders 2.0!

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

the_randomizer

Wild Wonders 2.0!

Postby the_randomizer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:35 pm

Just got back from Wild Wonders in Genola Utah and this time, Skitter was super, super playful and affectionate :mrgreen: I mean when I got to her pen, she just went nuts! Tazina the coyote, a adorable raccoon and of course, Skitter! It was really cute, the second the owner and I entered her cage, she darted towards me! And the coyote, she also went crazy at seeing us and licked like crazy. I love animals, no doubt about it!

keepsmiling

Re: Wild Wonders 2.0!

Postby keepsmiling » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:09 am

How cool is that! Great photos. That must have been fun and exciting.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:00 am

keepsmiling wrote:How cool is that! Great photos. That must have been fun and exciting.

Glad you like the pictures! It was definitely an enjoyable experience interacting with exotic animals!, I might even get an internship there this coming May! :mrgreen:
keepsmiling

Postby keepsmiling » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:36 pm

That really would be wonderful.Keep us posted! icon-smile
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:37 pm

keepsmiling wrote:That really would be wonderful.Keep us posted! icon-smile

Will do! I should hear about it in about two weeks!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:15 pm

Glad you got to go back. Skitter is just so small and tiny, I just love seeing pictures of her. I like how she'll just roll over and want you to pet her tummy and then she starts kicking at you and putting her mouth on your arm.

You got some great pictures. That's nice that you were able to interact with Tazina this time. She's just such a sweet, hyper thing, lol.

Here's hoping you get to intern there! *crosses fingers* It'll teach you a lot about foxes and their behaviors. Then when you get your fox, you'll know what to expect.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:24 pm

Ash wrote:Glad you got to go back. Skitter is just so small and tiny, I just love seeing pictures of her. I like how she'll just roll over and want you to pet her tummy and then she starts kicking at you and putting her mouth on your arm.

You got some great pictures. That's nice that you were able to interact with Tazina this time. She's just such a sweet, hyper thing, lol.

Here's hoping you get to intern there! *crosses fingers* It'll teach you a lot about foxes and their behaviors. Then when you get your fox, you'll know what to expect.

Glad you like it! Yeah, Skitter and Tazina (is that how you spell her name?) were absolutely adorable and very hyper/friendly! My sister went with me this time and went crazy when she saw Skitter and the coyote for the first time! I hope I get the internship, it will help me gain the experience necessary, or rather, make the potentiality of having a fox that much closer. At first, I had some reservations because of the drive from Provo to Genola, but she reassured me that it was most likely a once-a-week thing, which would not only save gas, but less wear and tear on my car. Plus 40 kilometers (~25 mi) isn't that long of a drive :mrgreen:

I thought the first impression was awesome, but the fact she allowed us (my mom, me, my sister and her husband) to interact while she flopped around took the cake! I think the fact it was 75 degrees yesterday had something to do with that, either that or I gained some of her trust.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:54 pm

I hope you get the internship!

I ADORE coyotes! I'm so glad you got to interact with her this time. Coyotes are absolutely amazing. :mrgreen: And Skitter is adorable too.. I'm just biased.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Tue Apr 30, 2013 1:11 am

sarajeku wrote:I hope you get the internship!

I ADORE coyotes! I'm so glad you got to interact with her this time. Coyotes are absolutely amazing. :mrgreen: And Skitter is adorable too.. I'm just biased.

Oh, that's totally fine! I love both canids, they're too adorable for their own good. So much fluff, so much hyperactivity....it definitely gave me cuteness poisoning from which I'm still recovering :mrgreen:

Both Skitter and Tazina were real sweethearts! It's funny, I almost feel a connection with animals whenever I interact, sounds cheesy I know, but the fact they trust strangers so openly is awesome.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Wed May 15, 2013 12:24 pm

Pictures I somehow forgot to post more pics of Skitter! :mrgreen: Whoops :lol:

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed May 15, 2013 6:57 pm

I love the last one!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Wed May 15, 2013 9:04 pm

Ash wrote:I love the last one!

Seriously, she doesn't seem to care about it at all! She just wants humans' attention :lol: Still waiting back for the internship. I really hope I get it :icon-wink: No animal should be allowed to be that cute :mrgreen:

Return to “Photos & Photography”