ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Lap Coon

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Missfit

Lap Coon

Postby Missfit » Wed May 22, 2013 4:26 pm

I'm taking summer express session classes right now, and the nightly reading and work load is really starting to get to me. Luckily, I have a faithful little study buddy. :icon-wink:
Attachments
busy.jpg
pikture.jpg
Look Dad, when I said Mom's book needs more pictures, that's not what I meant.
Heather
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Lap Coon

Postby Ash » Wed May 22, 2013 5:22 pm

Wow, she looks so tiny! Is she small for a raccoon?

Nothing like having a raccoon as a study buddy, I'm sure!
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
Ana

Postby Ana » Wed May 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Ahhhh, adorable!! How old is the bubby!

I've been waiting for about 9 weeks on my raccoon kit, and I haven't been able
to get the facility to contact me and let me know if there's been any changes.
Am worried, but still hopeful! :)
Missfit

Postby Missfit » Wed May 22, 2013 7:52 pm

Yeah, shes only about 10lbs and will have her first birthday next month. She has a pretty significant disability that our vet thinks is neurological (probably a birth defect) Her back legs don't function properly all the time so she can't climb very well and falls down a lot. (yeah, we actually built her some stairs up to the bed) That may also account for her small size.

Hang in there though Ana, your baby will find you when the time is right :icon-wink:
But have you tried looking a little further from home for your kit? We had to drive 2 hours to the facility that we adopted Giz from... (best road trip ever!)
Heather
Ana

Postby Ana » Wed May 22, 2013 8:21 pm

This is a couple of hours away, I've looked all over, even looked at
finding an adult or young adult from a rehab that isn't suited for
release, I set aside nearly a year to prepare his bedroom and baby
proof the house, never realizing the wait might spin out into months!
I'm going to check back with the rehab lady tomorrow and see if
there's been any new arrivals. :)
the_unstable

Postby the_unstable » Fri May 31, 2013 3:39 pm

She's so cute. I have a small one as well. He is probably a bit more than 10 pounds and is a healthy weight. He doesn't seem to have any health issues. Lasergrl on this forum mentioned to me that raccoons continue to grow and gain mass for several years so your girl may end up being a bit larger yet. That's so sad that she has the neurological issue, but I'm glad she has you to live with and take care of her.

Ana, I just bumped your thread in the coon forum a bit ago. That's strange that you're not able to get ahold of the breeder. I just saw some raccoon kits listed on exoticanimalsforsale.net within the past couple days. Tiny Tracks or Lost River Game Farm may have raccoons. I'm sure you'll find one. Check those ads I mentioned! As for keeping a coon that can't be rehabbed, I wonder if that's legal as many states outlaw the keeping of animals born in the wild - they must be from a licensed dealer.

Return to “Photos & Photography”