PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Pics from the rehab/refuge I volunteer at

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

AzureWolf

Pics from the rehab/refuge I volunteer at

Postby AzureWolf » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:28 pm

Meet my new little friends! :D
Attachments
coons3.jpg
fawns.jpg
Bottle fed these two.
mouse!.jpg
Got to feed this guy a mouse! :D
Screech owls.jpg
Ana

Re: Pics from the rehab/refuge I volunteer at

Postby Ana » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:41 pm

Oh look at those beautiful kids! Thank you for the awesome pictures! I'm so proud of you for staying busy and committing to service. *hug*
AzureWolf

Postby AzureWolf » Sun Jul 06, 2014 3:51 pm

Its so awesome...I have many more pictures I took. They have probably 30+ raccons on site, many possums, birds of prey, songbirds, turtles of all types, deer, and a over-grown pop-bellied boar named Elvis. lol. Now he is a trip!

There is a hawk there that can't fly, Andromeda. They need a home for her so I am going to begin fostering under their license and she will help me get my falconry license and my rehab permit so I can have her and help them out alot.

As of right now, if you have an animal to take them, but its after their hours, it has to be dropped off at a vet in town. However, the vet doesn't offer anything other than housing so St. Francis can come the next morning to pick them up. So the little guy if it needs immediate care....doesn't get any until the next morning. :(

So if im licensed, they can bring them here to receive immediate care. I can handle the south east area here, while they have the north. I have the knowledge, means and land to provide a nice rehab facility. Just gives the little ones that might not make it a better chance, and takes a big load off of St. Francis. I spoke with the director there for a bit. It was awesome. :)
Attachments
coons1.jpg
Ana

Postby Ana » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:25 pm

That's an incredible gift for you to provide to the wildlife where you are. I so admire
that you are going out of your way for them, it can be so hard to get support for
injured and displaced wildlife. You'll be so important to your community! *hug* It
makes me think of Pat. A total stranger who really went out of her way to help me
with an orphan coon. I would have been totally lost without her. Nearly every night
I'd write her for more help, more advice, and she was always there. We're so lucky
to have her, and so are the animals who benefit from the wealth of information on
this site!
AzureWolf

Postby AzureWolf » Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:36 pm

I agree! This forum alone has help so many. Its not going out of your way, if doing it is your way. ;) I prefere the company of animals over the company of people. It brings me joy and amazement to work and exist in harmony with all natural, vegetable, mineral, animal, all nature.

I have lost myself in past times, squandered so much of myself on foolish endeavors. My Ex taught me who I am, thought things went bad for us, it opened my eyes to alot of truths, about life and myself. I have grown up always working and living with animals of all kinds.

My grandfather was basically Dr. Doolittle. Ive been around everything from Bears, bobcats, deer, ostrich, emu, to hedgehogs, sugargliders, peafowl, pheasant, quail, turkey, ducks, guinea...I have pretty much dealt with almost all native wildlife and some exotics. I have a gift, and I plan to give it, and in that giving I will find peace and freedom.

It has been one of my dreams to run a rehab/refuge. I have the land and tools now, And now I have been given the means. One day I will ride my Ronin, with a hawk on the gauntlet and my Calypso at heel. That symbiotic bond and imagery is something I have wanted to acheive since memory holds. Now I am on my path to doing so and more. :)

Return to “Photos & Photography”