ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

How to photograph Foxes!

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How to photograph Foxes!

Postby pat » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:10 am

kevpix wrote:You must have a very satisfying life with all your animals and a lot of love and affection from them all too!..It is a shame there is no video of any of them unless I have missed those links when looking over your site?

honestly, I have too many animals to care for. I have other work to do, and it is hard to give them the attention I would like to.

actually, I do have some videos. the best one I have is of my female black bear. she use to live in my house her first year.
I got a lot of great videos. long time ago, I edited it to make shorter clips. I would like to edit the whole video, but, I am not too good at it at. also got one of sybil (female bear) jumping on a trampoline. but, it was on a vhs, and the tape broke before I got a chance to transfer it to a dvd icon-sad got some of my foxes, raccoons and dogs. all are on vhs and just can't get the time to transfer to dvd. here is the video of sybil, it needs to be changed altered:
http://sybilsden.com/video/videomain.htm
as you can see, I am not good at all with videos. all your videos are fantastic. I just wish I knew a little more about it
and had the time to try.

my male bear just died last month icon-sad he was only 13 years old. I have no idea why, he got sick after he come out of hibernation.

thank you again for sharing your fantastic videos.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:37 pm

Really cool video. :) My sister works in the film industry and I used to do lots of projects with her, so I totally get how LONG getting footage like that takes... Not to mention animals aren't the best models, lol, and are very difficult to "work with."

So is this just on your property? You're lucky to have so many close by! What pretty ones. So glad you could share them with us.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
kevpix

Postby kevpix » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:49 pm

Thank you Ash!..Yes at the end of our garden.. They live behind in some woods but come through our property on a daily basis. If i put food out they generally arrive within about 15 mins too.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:41 pm

That's really neat. :) How cool to be able to have them come walking through your own backyard like that. At least you can "schedule" their visits, lol. That makes it a tad easier to get footage, I imagine. :lol:
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
kevpix

Postby kevpix » Sat Sep 19, 2015 1:01 pm

Yes it does... but they wont vary from that route no matter how hard I try to change it for differing shots..if I block it up they just don't come! They come throughout the day and night scheduled or otherwise!
DeweysMom

Postby DeweysMom » Mon Sep 21, 2015 10:34 pm

Pat, I really enjoyed the videos of Sybil. They made me laugh! I never knew they were here. icon_confused.gif Thanks for the link. Glad I got to see them!

Kevpix, your vids are cool, too. A little out there, but entertaining all the same. :lol: Thanks for sharing! I have a trail cam overseeing a food station that I supply every evening for our local wildies. We get a few fox in, but they are so elusive and cautious - we often don't get more than a few seconds of fox footage at a time. :icon-frown: Still, I do appreciate the glimpses that they allow.
Dana

2 Dogs - a Nova Scotia Duck Tolling Retriever, & an Australian Shepherd; 3 Cats; 2 horses, 1 mule; One very spoiled raccoon and the love of my life, Dewey James, and the recently added but much adored, Bobby Lee, brother raccoon to Dewey

Return to “Photos & Photography”