ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

What color morph would you call him?

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

H20 Sl

What color morph would you call him?

Postby H20 Sl » Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:40 pm

He's not very red you can say, he has a, VERY slight tint of red in the brown on his back. Very strawberry blonde and beach blonde. It doesn't show much of strawberry blonde because its slight. More of hair blonde. He also has a little black dot on his tail, and his tail, if you can't see, is grayish, but blonde, but white, and brown.. I'm saying this because the pictures are not great in capturing color. I should probably use a actual camera instead of my phone next time.

He's really just a dull red? I think his colors are really cute either way :lol: .
Attachments
26244_thumb.jpg
Mama and daddy.
20160616_181333.jpg
Pictue!!
20160616_181335.jpg
He looks more red than he really is, but his blonde is spot on. It's actually more accurate. He's just not red is what I'm trying to say.
20160616_181031.jpg
I edited this one so that it matched the fur color on his back. Still a tint more brown.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What color morph would you call him?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:46 pm

Maybe wildfire but I'm not very qualified to answer. I just like trying to guess.
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 2:25 pm

I've never heard of a wildfire before, what do they look like?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:59 pm

"Wildfire foxes are the result of a combination between a red fox and the fire factor, which causes dilution of the red coloration. Wildfire foxes have black feet, black ears, a black tail and black markings around the muzzle, but the rest of their body is pale orange. They are very similar in appearance to the golden sunrise foxes which are the result of a gold fox combined to the fire factor. Wildfire foxes have a black nose and can have either orange, brown, hazel or yellow eyes."

I don't think having just a spot of black instead of a fully black tail disqualifies for the wildfire.

Only photo online is from the genetics book and it's not a good one at all

This is the goldensunrise to compare
"Golden sunrise foxes are gold foxes combined with the fire factor. They are paler than a wild red, and sometimes paler than wildfire foxes too, with a very light orange coloration. Their feet, ears, nose, muzzle and tail are black, and their eyes, brown, orange or yellow. " - http://livingwithfoxes.weebly.com/red-f ... tions.html

Those seem to have some silver/black on the butts too though but otherwise could also fit. The wildfire does look to have a bit browner back in the photo but hard to tell since not a nice crisp quality photo.
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Fri Jun 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Yeah, for sure see a resemblance from the Wildfire just looking side by side. As you said, its not a crisp photo so their is not positive. But, Golden sunrise also has characteristics which were explained that could greatly be it..

Well, it's good we got down to, two options at least. Golden sunrise and Wild fire both have the fire factor, which has the blonde, lighter impact I believe. That's why both would match him. It's the red fox and the gold fox mixed in which is the determining factor, but that all depends on how much red or gold they inherited percent wise, or shade. Well, I guess i don't have to complicate it, I at least have something to work off of. It's always fun to know what you got. ;)

I appreciate the research, thank you.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jun 23, 2016 9:29 pm

Where did you get your fox from? If that fox is from the wild, then it is most likely is just a lighter-colored red fox. A facility close to me has a wild red fox that looks a lot like a fire and ice. But since it came from the wild, I know it isn't.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Jun 23, 2016 11:44 pm

Ash wrote:Where did you get your fox from? If that fox is from the wild, then it is most likely is just a lighter-colored red fox. A facility close to me has a wild red fox that looks a lot like a fire and ice. But since it came from the wild, I know it isn't.

From a breeder, the very first photo is the parents ;) The parents look white and a red white mark? But the red white mark is supper light looking so I'm sure there's a nice name. Not quite right for gold platinum?
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Fri Jun 24, 2016 10:10 am

When I went to go and get him, I saw the mom, she was so light, I thought she was just an arctic marble just like the dad.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jun 24, 2016 2:20 pm

Arctic marble is usually used to refer to the black and white marble. A red marble wold be normal red colored and white. She looks to have more color on her body than most marbles usually have and she's too light to be red marble. I suppose it's possible to have any color marble but other marble colors probably get named something more interesting.

Actually mom could be a Glacier Red which is lighter than the Gold Platinum and would give the fire genes to make the Wildfire kit.
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Sat Jun 25, 2016 11:45 am

The 3 siblings all look the same, the only difference was white toe placement.

It looks like the mom could be a kind of white marked marble?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Jun 25, 2016 2:47 pm

No white mark and marble are two different things but kind of similar. Marbles actually have more white on them than white mark. White mark have white down forehead and muzzle and white on their feet but retain the rest of their color, could be any color. Marble are white with the colored eyes/ears and some down their back and sometimes a bit on side but ideal marble has little on sides.

Platinum makes the color lighter.

Glacier Red is essentially a platinum red white mark. Which is what the mom seems to look like there.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Jun 29, 2016 11:21 pm

Whoops, lol. Have no clue how I missed that. :roll: Must have taken my sleeping medicine or something, haha. :lol:

Soooo, second look then...

Looking closer (the picture is very small, lol), she definitely does look like a gold platinum (that's what Elina has--her fox Callie). The "gold platinum" morph actually encompasses both red platinum and gold platinum. (This is the same with gold marbles and red marbles--we just call them red marbles/sunglows without differentiating.)

Red or gold platinum doesn't matter from the morph'ss standpoint--it's a gold platinum. And since we know that the gold platinum morph encompasses a variety of colors (from gold to red), we can expect to see a spectrum of shades.

(As a side note, I personally think it is more appropriate to differentiate between the two when you can. Gold platinum and red platinum can be pretty distinct at times--though I understand it gets really hard to tell the difference.)

I personally tend to not assume something is a fancy morph with the fire factor unless stated by the breeder/seller. Those types of fox are more rare, and breeders would most likely know what they had. It's unlikely that the gene would pop up in a pet breeder's fox.

(Glacier red is actually not a morph. Glacier refers to the pearl gene when seen in whitemarks (and maybe platinums). It's what Pat's Donnie is.)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:07 pm

Just an update that he has changed color and I would say that he has showing a sign of a wild fire. Took some quick photos.
Attachments
IMG_20160807_130332.jpg
IMG_20160807_125743.jpg
H20 Sl

Postby H20 Sl » Sun Aug 07, 2016 1:09 pm

Again, my phone takes filtered pictures, hes not that orange, it's strawberry blonde and beach blonde

Return to “Photos & Photography”