PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

My Animal and Nature Pics,etc.

For photos by members and discussion of photo and picture taking, gear etc. Mostly centered around taking photos of pets and animals.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

caninesrock

My Animal and Nature Pics,etc.

Postby caninesrock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:21 pm

Pictures I took:

At zoos:

Lion at ? zoo(I don't remember. Maybe it was the Audobon Zoo).

Lion Again

African Wild Dog at Audobon Zoo in New Orleans, Louisiana
Image\

Swift Fox at Houston Zoo(This one came out blurry unfortunately.)

Flamingoes at the Houston Zoo(?)

Zoom in on the Beautiful Stripe pattern coat of a white tiger at the Audobon Zoo

Another Zoom

Full View White Tiger at Audobon Zoo

Sun Bear at Audobon Zoo

Sun Bear Again

Peacock at the Austin Zoo in Austin, Texas

Spectacled Bear at the Houston Zoo in Houston, Texas

Meerkats at the Houston Zoo

Lioness at Houston Zoo

Lioness and Lion at the Houston Zoo

Grey Fox at the Texas Zoo in Victoria, Texas

Close-up of Black Leopard Fur at the Texas Zoo in Victoria,Texas

Red Wolf at Texas Zoo in Victoria,Texas

Coyote at Texas Zoo in Victoria,Texas

Dove/Pigeon Thing at Houston Zoo

Gray Wolf at the Zoo of Acadiana in Louisiana(Unfortunately, the glass was dirty with bird droppings and dust; otherwise I think this would have made a very nice close-up picture):

Jaguar at the Houston Zoo

Tiger at the Houston Zoo

Fruit Bat at the Houston Zoo

Red Foxes at the Austin Zoo(Not the domestic ones. This is a few years before they got them.)

Gray Wolves at the Austin Zoo

Fossa at Houston Zoo

Leopard at ? Zoo

Jaguar at ? Zoo

Bobcat at ? Zoo

Monkey Family at ? Zoo

Okapi
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
caninesrock

Re: My Animal and Nature Pics,etc.

Postby caninesrock » Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:27 pm

My Pets:
My Boxer Dog Roxie(Now deceased)

My Memorial I Made to Her After Her Passing:

My Aunt's Cat Ditto(The only cat I've ever liked and the only cat that likes me)

Nature:
Wild Squirrel Climbing A Tree

Tims Ford State Park in Tennessee

The Sun From The Car Window(I was not the one driving.)

Pine Trees along the side of the Highway

Bridge With Water

The Sky

And finally....

Humor:
The Michael Landon Monkey(Long story short, I used to be obssessed with Michael Landon as the angel Johnathan Smith in the TV show Highway to Heaven;so, when I went to New York, I saw this little stuffed monkey in a tourists shop and it immediately reminded me of Michael Landon as Johnathan Smith so I just had to buy it. Anyway,this comparison picture shows they both have the similiar color hair/fur and eyes, with similar looking "hair styles", and a similiar expression on their faces,which proves my point and is also hilarious in my opinion.)
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:35 pm

More Pictures:

Fruit Bat at Zoo:

Meerkats at Houston Zoo

Swift Fox Houston Zoo

vulpis
Banned
Banned

Postby vulpis » Tue Dec 25, 2012 2:22 am

Oh WOW, that white fox with darker feet is gorgeous. I believe it's called snow glow, am I right? Do you happen to have more pictures of her?

Otherwise, nice pics, and sorry for your dog that just passed away...
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Wed Dec 26, 2012 2:28 am

Yes. I was suprised to see such usually colored foxes at the zoo. They were all really pretty. Even the red one had some vaguely noticable un-natural looking coloration such as a reddish pink nose color. Sadly, I don't know all their fur color phases for sure as the zoo didn't say anything about that. Because of their unsual colors, I assume they are either fur farm rescues or confiscated pets since it's illegal to have foxes as pets here in Texas sadly. I think the white one with spots is an arctic marble. The other white one I'm not that sure on. She kind of looks like a snow-glow I guess,but there are other white fox colors as well and I'm not sure if they can have black on them still or not. The red one looks kind of like a smoky red gold cross fox to me. I can't remember if I have more pics or not. That might be the only ones but I'll dig through the old files on my computer and see if I can find anymore.

Thanks. Glad you like them. ^^

And it's ok. It's actually been awhile since she passed away now.

vulpis
Banned
Banned

Postby vulpis » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:25 pm

You're lucky to have a zoo with such a big variety of animals in it! Where I live, my local zoo only has a common arctic fox and a common red fox (nothing special about their coloration)... sadly.
I hope the laws regarding exotic pets will change for the best in Texas. Are you allowed to have coyotes, wolf dogs or coy dogs at least?

And I'd like to see more pictures if you find them. ^^
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Dec 27, 2012 3:14 pm

You're lucky to have a zoo with such a big variety of animals in it! Where I live, my local zoo only has a common arctic fox and a common red fox (nothing special about their coloration)... sadly.

Actually, these zoos are all in different cities in Lousiana and Texas. Not all of the pics are from zoos close to me. I have a hobby of going to zoos where-ever I go on vacation at and taking pictures.

The Houston Zoo near where I live only has the swift foxes. The only other canids are maned wolves and african wild dogs.

I hope the laws regarding exotic pets will change for the best in Texas.

I doubt it. People have been challenging the fox laws for years,but have been unsucessful so far.

Are you allowed to have coyotes, wolf dogs or coy dogs at least?

Wolfdogs are legal,but not pure wolves. Coyotes sadly are illegal here. As for coydogs,the law doesn't specify. It just says that coyotes can't be sold,bought,or imported in the state. I'm not sure on the coydogs though. Even if they were allowed through a loophole of not being specifically mentioned, I can't find any breeders of them unfortunately. There was one breeder called Sundance Coydogs that sold beautiful coyote-siberian husky hybrids but their site is gone and when I googled them, someone claiming to be a friend of them said that they no longer breeded. The only other breeder I know of is some lady who breeds a coyote with her border collie,which makes the coydog not have a very wild appearance. There is also the American Indian Dog breed which some people claim is really a coydog hybrid disguised under a different name,but no one knows for sure and there's no way to tell for sure before buying one.

And I'd like to see more pictures if you find them. ^^

I looked and unfortunately, all my photos are on my old computer. I still have my old computer,but it's back in Texas and I'm currently 6 hours away visiting family in Louisiana. I don't think I had anymore pictures of the foxes though and if I do, they are probably really blurry. I think I only uploaded and shared my decent-ish photos on the interenet so I probably don't have anymore decent quality photos of them.

Return to “Photos & Photography”