PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Tamarin owners?

Monkeys, lemurs, bushbabies, Any Type or Size of Primate

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Ciao

Tamarin owners?

Postby Ciao » Sun Sep 23, 2018 12:00 am

Hey all. So some exciting news- I'm living in a place where tamarins are completely legal without a permit! YAHOO!

Tamarins have been on my radar for probably a decade, and now that I'm older and financially in a place where buying, housing, and care for one is much, much more feasible, I'm excited to say that I'm diving in, doing more serious research on these guys! Specifically, I'm really interested in red-handed tamarins.

Anyway.

I'm looking for find some people with whom I can get in touch and pick their brains more regarding these beautiful animals.
Does anyone on this forum own tamarins, or know of someone who does who might be willing to let me chat them up? I'm looking for people who've lived with these animals beyond their infant stages- someone who has dealt with them beyond sexual maturity, since that seems to be the point that makes or breaks people's commitment to owning these animals.

Thanks a ton, everyone!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Tamarin owners?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:32 am

I only have a wee bit of second hand info. Maybe try https://www.facebook.com/groups/155458557863291/

Definitely share here what you learn and once you get one.
Ciao

Postby Ciao » Sun Sep 23, 2018 3:25 am

Thanks a lot for the link! :)
GitaBooks

Postby GitaBooks » Sun Sep 23, 2018 1:16 pm

How exciting! I have zero experience with tamarins but I did do some research a while ago and to my understanding their care is very similar to Marmosets. Especially the part where they can die from contracting the cold sore virus from people.
They are so cute! Especially the Red-handed Tamarins.

Best of luck!

Return to “PRIMATES”