Monkeys, lemurs, bushbabies, Any Type or Size of Primate

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BEST pet primate

Postby pat » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:46 am

denisthemalice,

thank you for posting your information about your squirrel monkeys. they are so adorable.
I personally don't know much about monkeys. in the past I thought of getting one, but,
since I didn't know much about them, I decided not to.

interesting about the diapers, I sometimes see some monkeys with diapers some with out,
often wondered why. Now I see why, and I thank you again for your info.

Also thank you for researching them prior to getting yours. so many people buy animals on a whim, some think they will be like dogs.

again, loved the pictures and the video, keep them coming.

you are doing a great job with them.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
denisthemalice

Postby denisthemalice » Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:25 pm

Thanks Pat :)

For the diapers, some squirrel monkey owners put some diapers on them, but like babies they can get diapers rash, and it is a lot of work. Mine were also to old when I got them, so it would have been very difficult to get them used to it, and I rather have few poo to clean then changing diapers, and squirrel monkey urine dont have any scents.

There is a guy on YT, and he is a Marmoset breeder, he post a lot of video and advises about marmoset. He was saying that marmoset need to have a leash on them when they are out of the cage, otherwise they can arm themself (according to him). Personnaly I dont want to deal with leash, mine never had one and I couldn't be bother, but again mine are a different specie.

Before having Chris and Charlotte, I had two squirrels monkeys, Lucy and Ricky... Unfortunately they were stoling from me. It was very hard moment for me, as you can imagine. But I would like to share those picture with you of Lucy and Ricky:

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 9:07 pm

denisthemalice ,

thank you for more info about monkeys.

it would be a touch call on changing diapers, it would be like having an infant baby long term.

do you have or will have any type of outdoor enclosure for yours? (sorry, again, don't know much monkeys)
maybe to alternate them inside and outside?

how horrible about that lucy and ricky were stolen icon-sad (love the names)
did you ever find out who stole them? where were they when they got stolen?

yes, lucy and ricky were adorable, I just hope the jackass that stole him took care of them.
really wish you could have found out who stole them.

I am glad to hear that you do have Chris and Charlotte now.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
denisthemalice

Postby denisthemalice » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:00 pm

pat wrote:
do you have or will have any type of outdoor enclosure for yours? (sorry, again, don't know much monkeys)
maybe to alternate them inside and outside?

how horrible about that lucy and ricky were stolen icon-sad (love the names)
did you ever find out who stole them? where were they when they got stolen?

yes, lucy and ricky were adorable, I just hope the jackass that stole him took care of them.
really wish you could have found out who stole them.

I am glad to hear that you do have Chris and Charlotte now.

I had an enclosure outside, but they didn't like it much and I couldn't let them there by them self, they just like to be near me. I bring them outside, they will not climp a tree and try to explore too far, they just stay in a close distance. I often keep the door open, so the cat can go outside, but they dont want to go, unless I go out. It can be different for a different monkey (I dont know), I'm just speaking about my own experience. But I did explain this to the vet at first, cause I felt some guilt and wanted for them to be out, and he told me not to worry cause they were very happy like this.

I know exactly who stole and sold the first monkeys, the thief was baby sitting them, he was a very ''nice'' guy, or I should say playing it. I was away and two weeks after he told me they were dead the day after I left. I didn't beleived him, the vet either, cause very healthy monkeys dont suddenly die just like this. Then he was gone when I came back. His brother told me that they really did die and he will pay me back. I said if he didn't sold them, why would you paid me for them and why wouldn't your brother tell me about it the day they die? You know I was callling him everyday to see how they were doing, and he was pulling some lies. And they are expensive, so it just didn't make sence, and money couldn't replace them anyway. Not long after he was gone also, and you know he didn't give me a dime.

Today when I go away I have a friend that take care of Chris and Charlotte.

Return to “PRIMATES”