PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Newest member of the squad: Baby Zelda

muntjac, giraffe, bison, gazelles, ect

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Missfit

Newest member of the squad: Baby Zelda

Postby Missfit » Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:35 pm

So this will be bottle baby number three for my fiancé and I. His grandfather raises meat goats, and we raised an orphaned pair last summer and found them good (non-eating) homes, but I've put my foot down on this one, baby Zelda is staying with us for good. Her mother had twins and was really struggling to feed them both, so we were asked to step in at three days. She's 12 days now, and eating like a champ. Callie, our Heeler mix has appointed herself her official guardian and is taking the responsibility of her first herd very seriously. icon-smile
She is some unknown percentage boer, kiko, and Nubian, but luckily, "mutts" fit in well around our home. :icon-wink:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Heather
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Newest member of the squad: Baby Zelda

Postby Ash » Mon Jul 08, 2013 7:17 pm

So cute! I think baby goats are really adorable. I like the ones that stay little best. How big will she get?
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Jul 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Sorry forgot to reply before. I love goats so it was nice to see pics of your baby.
Missfit

Postby Missfit » Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:47 pm

Thanks for the replies :mrgreen:

Yeah, I really wish she could stay tiny too. Her mother is a probably about 130lbs or so, and her head reaches almost to my hip, so Zelli's probably going to be a big girl too.

We took her with us next door the other day (fiancés childhood best friend and wife) and their 4 year old fell completely in love with her. They bounced around the porch together having a blast and rumor has it that little Garrett hasn't talked about much else since. :lol: They are now considering a pet goat as well but are looking for a smaller breed. Any suggestions for a smaller kid-friendly breed?
Heather
Missfit

Postby Missfit » Thu Jul 25, 2013 10:40 am

So I pulled a few strings and I am so happy to report that our first bottle baby is coming home to teach little Zeli the ropes! When I gave her away last summer it was to a pair of little girls with a responsible family that wanted to keep her with two other goats as pets and buddies for their horse. Well, something came up and they had to leave the state, so Leia (bottle baby #1) ended up with another woman that I know that raises just about anything you can think of and runs her farm as a business. (Stock, not pets) I had spoken to her several times since I found out that Leia was no longer in the home that I had placed her and hinted at wanting her back, but the woman was somewhat resistant. I even went over once to see her and was not impressed with her body condition. I left almost in tears while she cried at the gate, and reminded the lady that if anything ever comes up, I'll take her back in a heart beat....
Well, Zelda needs a buddy and I finally talked myself into making the call and standing firm.
And now after over a year, Leia is coming home for good tomorrow!! :bear:
Heather
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Jul 25, 2013 6:03 pm

That's so exciting! Can't wait until she's back home. ;)
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula

Return to “Ruminants- cattle, goats, sheep, deer, and antelope”