BB

Re: Our Muntjac Deer Athena

Postby BB » Fri Mar 09, 2012 11:23 pm

What a fruitloop!!! :lol:
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:31 pm

She is a fruitloop. lol.

Today everyone is being lazy. Just a rainy day out, so we're all just lounging around.
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:33 pm

Oops, wrong pic, sorry. Here's Athena.
BB

Postby BB » Mon Mar 12, 2012 5:41 pm

Its great to see how cruisy they all get along with each other.....was that from the beginning or did they accept each other over time?
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:34 pm

They were both only 4 weeks old and we got them the same week. Bobcats are almost blind basically at that time and are just barely walking around very much. They are very helpless at that age and don't know really what's going on. Deer are much more alert at that age. It took her a while to settle in. But she did just fine. Benji slept next to her all the time and still does the same. If she sees him up on the couch she will jump right up there and take a nap with him, or if he goes outside she will follow him. They get along so well it's kind of unbelievable. All the animals get along with our wild ones too. Except for Sparky our one domestic that Michelle rescued. But she doesn't get along with anyone. lol.
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:47 pm

Athena playing with an Easter basket
http://youtu.be/L2YAlOisMx0
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:57 pm

Cute.
BB

Postby BB » Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:39 am

I can only imagine how much enjoyment she is giving you. The easter basket vid is soo funny.
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Wed Apr 25, 2012 2:18 pm

Thank you.

Yes, she gives us a lot of enjoyment. She is so loving. I never imagined that from a deer. It is really woderful.
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:12 pm

:lol: the Easter basket video is hilarious! She is so funny. It makes me want one even more.
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Tue May 01, 2012 2:47 pm

Thank you.

Athena loves to climb. She climbs up the furniture, and loves to be on top of the cave in the enclosure. Her and Benji play king of the mountain out there. She was helping with the laundry today climbing on top of the laundry basket.

Trying to get Benji to play
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Sat Sep 29, 2012 10:26 pm

Athena Loves to get vacuumed. When she hears the vacuum she comes running. It is hilarious. Benji, on the other hand hates it. Here's a little video of her getting vacuumed.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAfAt9SY ... Hn576WAeDA
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Sun Oct 21, 2012 11:10 pm

Aw. Athena is adorable. I like your boxer too. I love boxers. I used to have a boxer.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
egroegart

Postby egroegart » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:13 pm

Thank you. Buster is such a wonderful guy. He has been "mother" to many litters of kittens and puppies. He is so patient. I've never seen a male dog with motherly instincts like him. Our litters of kittens and puppies have always tried to nurse on him and fall asleep up against him. He even licks kittens and puppies to make them go to the bathroom. He did the same thing with Benji, and still takes care of Benji.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:34 pm

egroegart wrote:Thank you. Buster is such a wonderful guy. He has been "mother" to many litters of kittens and puppies. He is so patient. I've never seen a male dog with motherly instincts like him. Our litters of kittens and puppies have always tried to nurse on him and fall asleep up against him. He even licks kittens and puppies to make them go to the bathroom. He did the same thing with Benji, and still takes care of Benji.

Aw. How adorable. A gender-confused dog. He he. Lol. XD

Speaking of gender-confused dogs, growing up my family had a yellow lab and the only dog he had ever been around his whole life was my aunt's female boxer Roxie and so he wouldn't lift his leg to pee,but instead would always squat like a girl dog. It was hilarious. XD

Roxie hated most little dogs,but she got along great with dogs around the same size as her and was extremely gentle with humans, especially children. When my cousin was a baby, he bit her on the butt and although she was startled at first and whipped around to look at what got her,when she saw it was him,she just calmly laid back down and didn't do anything. Didn't growl, didn't bite him back,didn't do anything agressive. Boxers are my favorite breed of dogs that I've ever owned. I considered Roxie my dog later on in life because we had to move in with my aunt in Houston after Hurricane Katrina made us move away from New Orleans. Roxie was such a ham. She would roll around on her back to scent roll originally I assume,but I thought it was so adorable and clownish looking the way she did it, that I would always praise her by telling her good girl and rubbing her belly,so eventually she did it just for attention. XD My uncle had also trained her to hold a treat on her nose and not eat it until she was told that it was ok to do so. Roxie was far from being completely obedient though and had her little quirks,but that's part of what made me love her so much. Sometimes she would tear up the toilet tissue in the bathroom when left home alone for too long. Sometimes she would steal meat left on the counter and one time she tore to shreds one of my breathing puppy stuffed animals. At the time she did those things, we were mad at her,but soon after, we forgave her and laughed at her mischief. She loved EVERYONE in spite of being considered a guard dog breed. Even strangers that came to the house, she wouldn't do more than give a warning bark at. She never,ever growled at,snarled at, or bit a human. She was the most gentle dog I had ever known. Roxie was like my child to me so it was pretty sad when we had to put her sleep at the ripe old age of 13(which was pretty good considering her breed which usually have health problems that don't let them live past 8 or 9 years) when she couldn't stand up anymore. I remember petting her and the last thing she did before the shot took effect was to lick my face. I was devastated. A couple of days later though, I had a dream that a healthy,happy Roxie came to my house to visit me. I believe it was her spirit coming to show me that she was ok and happy now and that we did the right thing and to tell me goodbye and give me some peace.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “Ruminants- cattle, goats, sheep, deer, and antelope”