Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

Spotted Cuscus

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Onyx

Spotted Cuscus

Postby Onyx » Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:58 pm

So a few months ago I learned about the cuscus and when searching about them as pets, I found this. I am definitely in love with these little guys! They are so cute, and their fur is just stunning and looks so puffy.

Just from seeing the video, they look like they'd be an awesome pet. However, other than watching Newt, I can't find any info on how they do as pets, so they must be very rare. Everything I read says they are nocturnal and shy, and on Wikipedia it says they can be aggressive.

Either way, they are beautiful animals and I'd love to see one in person one day.
    Owner of a ball python, leopard gecko, two betta fish, and two cats.

Dream Pets: Caracal, rusty-spotted genet, gray smooth hound shark, black tree
    monitor, dragon moray, doberman, Yakut laika, and Brazilian black tarantula.
Peacefulward

Re: Spotted Cuscus

Postby Peacefulward » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:15 pm

I saw an ad for some a week or two ago. Beautiful animals but rare in the US pet trade now so quite expensive! Ad sold them for $5000 each.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:09 pm

I believe Chasing-tail in Oregon breeds them? TamanduaGirl may know more about that.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:39 pm

She bought some they died. They are very fragile with a specialized diet that is not what the sellers say it is(not a bunch of fruit). The ones you see for sale are imports and will probably die on you.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Sep 17, 2017 8:42 pm

Some diet info though if you do decide to try viewtopic.php?f=50&t=13080&p=124883&hilit=cuscus#p124883
Onyx

Postby Onyx » Mon Sep 18, 2017 6:20 pm

Sad. They seem like such great animals. Maybe one day if I am feeling bold enough and can afford it I may attempt getting a pair.
    Owner of a ball python, leopard gecko, two betta fish, and two cats.

Dream Pets: Caracal, rusty-spotted genet, gray smooth hound shark, black tree
    monitor, dragon moray, doberman, Yakut laika, and Brazilian black tarantula.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Sep 18, 2017 7:21 pm

That's kind of how I got into Tamanduas. Started learning about them and saw how difficult they were and how they really weren't getting good diets and wanted to do it better.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Chasing-Tail's old care sheet said that they absolutely needed ficus leaves in their diet. It's old info though, so I wonder if it's true or not? If so it would certainly be hard to feed them as pets.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Oct 09, 2017 2:51 pm

I don't even remember her caresheets I just have info from old emails and such. Ficus wasn't mentioned then but she was giving it to her sloths so could see it being tried on the cuscus too.

Ficus variegata is a type of fig tree in the range where cuscus live. Maybe fig leaves would work just as well.

Return to “MARSUPIALS”