PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Looking for sugar glider joeys

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

crystalfox1993

Looking for sugar glider joeys

Postby crystalfox1993 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:48 am

I'm wondering if anyone here knows where I can find sugar glider breeders in Reno Nevada. I have looked over countless websites but they all say that there are only breeders in las Vegas ..

Can someone help me find some low cost joeyes to bring into my family?
Thanks
Current mom of a lil girl named Zen-Zen
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: Looking for sugar glider joeys

Postby sarajeku » Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:05 am

First of all, what do you mean by "low cost"?
Second, in order to find a good quality pair of gliders, especially joeys that are healthy and friendly, you have to be willing to travel. Otherwise you'll get stuck with unhealthy, unsocialized gliders from a mill or pet store.
I had my three shipped to me from texas.

How much research have you done on them? Are you prepared for the 15+ years that they will live? Are you prepared to spend the money on their specialized diet? Mine eat better than I do. They eat fruits and vegetables, chicken, acacia gum, bee pollen, eucalyptus, calcium supplements, and nightly mealworms.
Are you prepared for the noise they make at night to keep you awake? I ended up giving my boys their own room. Will you be patient as the joeys adjust to their new home? They won't come to you right away. They'll be scared of you until they are used to the sights and smells of your home. It took my boys a week. Then they started going to class with me.

There are other questions that you need to think about in order to get yourself ready for gliders, but it's early, and I can't think of them all at the moment.
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:44 pm

Go to this website. http://www.sugarglider.com/

I spent years on this site reading board and and getting information.. It's honestly the best one, because you also have a community of people, like this site, giving stories about their gliders, and health information..

You may also find a great breeder near you if you still decide to get a glider...
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:36 pm

Sarajeku gives good advice when it comes to gliders. I don't know how much research you've done on them yet, but hopefully you'll learn all that you can before bringing some babies home.

I really wanted gliders for a while, but after reading about them I got really intimidated. I don't think I'd be ready to keep them. Plus their lifespan really threw me off. I was expecting an animal like a rat or mouse that lived 5 years at the most and was shocked to see they lived so long. I'm not ready for that kind of commitment, not for a pocket pet anyway.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “MARSUPIALS”