PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

They are on their way!!

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

s.iker

They are on their way!!

Postby s.iker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:19 pm

So after 8 long years of waiting and research... I will be adopting 3 male sugar gliders today. The owner is moving out of state and cannot take them with. It's amazing because ive always wanted sugar gliders since i was in middle school, and the perfect oppurtunity has just arrived!

(kind of funny, i waited 8 years for sugar glider... wonder how long till i get my pet fox?! :lol: :lol: )

Here is the picture that the owner sent me... These are the 14 week twins. The third glider isnt pictured, and he is 6 months old.

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Re: They are on their way!!

Postby sarajeku » Sun Nov 03, 2013 2:51 pm

Aww I love gliders! Congrats!
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:11 pm

Thanks.. i'll for sure post pictures soon! I want them to settle and get used to everything first.
So pumped. And hour away and they'll be here
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:34 pm

cool. hope they settle in quickly for you.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Nov 03, 2013 3:56 pm

Two of mine came out really fast (one on the first night!), the third took about a week. They all have their individual personalities. I had a tough time telling them apart by appearance for the first few weeks I had them. But I was easily able to tell them apart by how they acted, toward me, and toward each other.

Be careful with the flash on your camera. It can really spook them. Especially early on when they aren't used to you.

They look a bit brown in the picture you posted. Do you know what diet they were on?
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 4:14 pm

Thanks! Oh i hope they come out right away that would be so nice. But we'll see.. I have a fleece blanket that i slept with, i'll put that in their cage today.. maybe i'll even cut up a shirt and put it for their nests to snuggle with. ^_^

The owner wasnt really specific.. Shes bringing me a few days worth of their food, as i have just ordered the stuff for the HPW diet, that i will have to introduce over time... She said that it was protein and fruits and veggies... What ever that means i guess.... O_o

But they will be on a good diet coming soon... :D

edit: There could be a chance that could be the lighting too.. (hopefully!)
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:06 pm

Sooo Update. I got the gliders! One is a crabber. Wow does he talk. lol.

The owner gave me the food... Im glad i got them! The food was two little tupperware, with like a chicken mix of something? and the veggie mix lookes awful.. No HPW mix. Im ordering it today because i wasnt sure if the owner was going to go back and decide to keep the gliders. So i'll go out and get them some better stuff to hold them over. Plus the fruit she has been feeding them is Naked juice! Are you kidding me?!?!?!?!?!?!? She wanted to make sure the gliders are going to a good home, but take care of them yourself!

but heres the worst part of all... WHen i met the owner, she smelled like weed, smoke and pee herself.. The gliders and the fleece... Even worse!!!!!! I took all the fleece stuff out of the cage and it immediatly went in the wash!!! Oh those poor babies!!!
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:16 pm

Image[/URL]

meet Bagheera, Baloo, And Shere Khan.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:27 pm

It could be the lighting!

I used the priscilla price diet (that's who I got my babies from), and it was mostly boiled chicken, fresh fruit, and fresh veggies, with a loooot of special vitamins that you have to order online. They literally ate better than I did. HPW is a GREAT diet.

Getting them used to your scent is a great idea! Just make sure any fabric you put in with them doesn't have any exposed seams that they can get to.

Which wheel did you get? My favorite was the stealth wheel. It's a bit pricey, but SO worth it if you're going to keep them in the room you sleep in. They'll easily keep you up all night long. I ended up giving my babies their own room.

Sadly, I had to rehome my babies. I miss them SO much. They went everywhere with me for 4 and a half years- slept in my shirt, close to my heart. But when my brother passed away, my family got custody of his 2 year old son. And because my nephew didn't understand how fragile they were, and refused to keep his little hands out of their cage (and actually knocked it over once trying to get it open after I started putting locks on the doors) I made the decision to take them to a trusted friend.

Edit: I just saw your post! I had a feeling they weren't going to be healthy, from their color. I don't know about naked juice, but odwalla juice isn't bad for them. And some people mix in orange juice, but I didn't. I used a food processor to mix fruits, vegetables, chicken, scrambled eggs (no salt or milk), yogurt, and juice- in a pinch. Freeze into cubes.
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:41 pm

sarajeku wrote:It could be the lighting!

Which wheel did you get? My favorite was the stealth wheel. It's a bit pricey, but SO worth it if you're going to keep them in the room you sleep in. They'll easily keep you up all night long. I ended up giving my babies their own room.

Havent gotten a wheel yet. The owner said that she would give me everything to start. (the rehoming fee was only 50.00 for a cage, some fleece, and three gliders...) I didnt realize that she didnt know herself... smh.. I think tho, im going to order the Raptor, Or make my own.. its looks pretty simple. )

sarajeku wrote:

Sadly, I had to rehome my babies. I miss them SO much. They went everywhere with me for 4 and a half years- slept in my shirt, close to my heart. But when my brother passed away, my family got custody of his 2 year old son. And because my nephew didn't understand how fragile they were, and refused to keep his little hands out of their cage (and actually knocked it over once trying to get it open after I started putting locks on the doors) I made the decision to take them to a trusted friend.

awww im sorry.. Glad they went somewhere good tho. :D

Edit: I just saw your post! I had a feeling they weren't going to be healthy, from their color. I don't know about naked juice, but odwalla juice isn't bad for them. And some people mix in orange juice, but I didn't. I used a food processor to mix fruits, vegetables, chicken, scrambled eggs (no salt or milk), yogurt, and juice- in a pinch. Freeze into cubes

I dont know if they are healthy persay, but thats what the ower was feeding them... so im gonna have to give them that stuff untill i can swtich... I think im going to throw it in the blender and freeze so that its all mixed.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sun Nov 03, 2013 5:46 pm

Adorable! You must be so thrilled to have them. I'm glad you'll be giving them the best diet possible. Keep us updated on the little ones, and let us know what their names are once you decide!

Sarajeku, I'm sorry you had to rehome your gliders. That can be very hard... Maybe when you're in a different situation you'd be able to get them back? I think you did the right thing, because gliders can be nippy too I've heard, and it would be safest for the nephew and for them to be in a different home. They do look quite fragile, with their little paws and delicate faces. I'm sure it was a hard decision, but I think it was the best for your situation.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:03 pm

Ash wrote:Adorable! You must be so thrilled to have them. I'm glad you'll be giving them the best diet possible. Keep us updated on the little ones, and let us know what their names are once you decide!

Thanks Ash. I decided to name them Bagheera, Baloo, And Shere Khan, after the jungle book tiger, panther and bear. The older one, is Shere Khan, Cause hes older, While the twins are Baloo, and Bagheera cause they are friends in the movie.. Lol im a dork like that and name my Little critters after disney movies. And they have to be related in some way, like how the three jungle book names fit with the gliders.. :egeek:
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:17 pm

Although, i shouldnt name them this quite yet... Thats their names if they are all males.. The owner said that all three are boys... BUTTTT with the whole surprise she gave me... Im wondering if she even sexed them correctly! And if she didnt, Im gonna have to get the boys fixed even sooner!
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:24 pm

Here's how you tell the difference:

Female

Male

The male will have a very noticeable "pom pom" whereas a female won't. A female will have a vertical slit on her belly.
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:36 pm

Yea i know how to sex them. I dont want to put more stress on them at this moment..

When i took the pouch away from them, They all scattered, and checking on them, they are all in my shirt i put in for them. so cute. Lol

Return to “MARSUPIALS”