PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

They are on their way!!

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

s.iker

Re: They are on their way!!

Postby s.iker » Thu Nov 07, 2013 1:32 pm

The boys are doing better... Their fur is cracked a little from the poor diet, i dont know if you can see it in these pictures.. I ordered the HPW and is supposed to get her on the 9th.. I upped the amount of meat in their food in hopes to give them a little more protein. Im about to leave for the store to get some treats, mealies for them. i dont want to move because they are on the pouch on my stomach. lol
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Nov 07, 2013 2:45 pm

Glad they are settling in.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Thu Nov 07, 2013 4:09 pm

One tip that someone told me. If you have one of those pull out trays in the bottom of the cage, you can put puppy pads in it to make clean up easier. They're messy little buggers.
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:45 am

sarajeku wrote:One tip that someone told me. If you have one of those pull out trays in the bottom of the cage, you can put puppy pads in it to make clean up easier. They're messy little buggers.

sadly, they are not pull out trays. I take out the bottom floor and sweep out the crumbs.. :(
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:53 am

Aaaw. I love when their little heads poke out like that. When my family had our five pet rats, they would all sleep together in this tiny little snuggle box, and when they heard us coming they would all poke their heads out at the same time. Seeing the sugar gliders poking out or their little snuggle places reminds me of that. It's so cute.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:47 pm

D'awwwww, they are just so cute! :D
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Thu Nov 14, 2013 12:33 pm

Thanks guys.. The bonding process is going a lot better now that i have a pop up tent. We played in it and Kahn, the older one was the most interested in me. He would go run and play, but then come back to crawl on me.. Towards the end they all started to crawl on me.. Funny thing tho, that if i move my hand to pet them, the freak out and run back to my right hip and crawl up my back... Don't think they have the connection that the hands are part of there little safety net. LOL
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:39 pm

s.iker wrote:Thanks guys.. The bonding process is going a lot better now that i have a pop up tent. We played in it and Kahn, the older one was the most interested in me. He would go run and play, but then come back to crawl on me.. Towards the end they all started to crawl on me.. Funny thing tho, that if i move my hand to pet them, the freak out and run back to my right hip and crawl up my back... Don't think they have the connection that the hands are part of there little safety net. LOL

Silly boys. I'm sure they'll eventually figure it out that those hands are just part of momma.

They sound cute, and I'm glad they are adjusting well. Are they super fast? Could they get away easily if they jumped off of you? I don't know too much about gliders.

A lady I knew told me her and her husband trained one of their gliders to jump and "glide" from one of their shoulders to the other's shoulder when they were about five feet apart. So it would hop back and forth from the lady to her husband. They did this during their educational shows. It would be cool if you could teach your gliders some tricks like that, though I don't know how well they train.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
s.iker

Postby s.iker » Fri Nov 15, 2013 2:44 pm

Silly boys. I'm sure they'll eventually figure it out that those hands are just part of momma.

They sound cute, and I'm glad they are adjusting well. Are they super fast? Could they get away easily if they jumped off of you? I don't know too much about gliders.

A lady I knew told me her and her husband trained one of their gliders to jump and "glide" from one of their shoulders to the other's shoulder when they were about five feet apart. So it would hop back and forth from the lady to her husband. They did this during their educational shows. It would be cool if you could teach your gliders some tricks like that, though I don't know how well they train.

Hahah i sure hope so.. But i also read that the natural instinct when seeing hands relates to a birds talons.. So seeing a big "talon" so to speak makes them think they are about to be lunch...

And yes.. they are wicked fast. Ive had Khan (older one) try to run away from me before i got the ten, and let them run in the room.. When i tried to pick im up to put him away.. it was a good 10 15 mins of trying to chase him down to coax him in the pouch.. lol :lol:

Im still waiting to see any of the boys first glide! I want to put a shelf up and put one on it just to see them do it.. But i feel that they would just find a way to crawl down with out having to glide.. :roll:

Return to “MARSUPIALS”