please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Sugar Glider Breeders?

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: hecate, Ash, TamanduaGirl

Foxylady23

Sugar Glider Breeders?

Postby Foxylady23 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:05 am

Okay, so, it has come to my attention that my fiancé is moving here soon to a far away state and I will be very alone for at least a few years. Our solution to him leaving me and my not being able to get a fox till WAY in the future (darn it, but still working towards it!) is to get a sugar glider for me. Our shared love for sugar gliders seemed to be a great way for me to have a buddy to love on and be loved by for the rest of his furry little life, plus it helps that my fiancé adores them! :lol: I've been looking at the sugar glider veterinarian association (not sure on the abbreviation) and they seem to be perfect for what I need :) I've loved them for years and I think they'd be good for me since I'm just in school and working but living on my own.
I'm just confused on a breeder. I'm not very trusting of breeders since so many seem to be scams in the animal industry. I just want to make sure I get the right sugar glider who has been raised right, sold at the right time, and are interested in communication for the rest of the animal's life. I am from Ohio. I don't mind driving a little within the state to get one. Does anyone know of a good USDA licensed breeder here? Or if it's even legal! From what I've seen I think they are. Sorry I'm so long winded and I feel like I post something new everyday! But I have so many questions and wanting to be a vet means I ask quiet a bit of them! So to all you sugar glider mommies and daddies, help!
PipTheHedgehog

Re: Sugar Glider Breeders?

Postby PipTheHedgehog » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:38 pm

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php check here to find breeders.

Just know that gliders live for 15 YEARS. And getting them to bond to you can be difficult - but very rewarding once youve established one.

And I'd recommend HPW or BML as their diets, I posted the links somewhere on another post.

They also need a cage that has to be at least 4-5 feet tall, the taller the better! Plus tons of toys and foraging toys. c:

If you have ANY questions - feel free to message me. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
I have two little fuzzbutts myself, <3
Foxylady23

Postby Foxylady23 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Don't worry, I do my research and I'm okay with a fifteen year friendship :) ill definitely use your advice and message you with questions :) I wanna be the best mommy to them I can :)
PipTheHedgehog

Postby PipTheHedgehog » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm glad, icon-smile

They're a handful - but so worth it!

Return to “MARSUPIALS”