https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Sugar Glider Breeders?

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Foxylady23

Sugar Glider Breeders?

Postby Foxylady23 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 2:05 am

Okay, so, it has come to my attention that my fiancé is moving here soon to a far away state and I will be very alone for at least a few years. Our solution to him leaving me and my not being able to get a fox till WAY in the future (darn it, but still working towards it!) is to get a sugar glider for me. Our shared love for sugar gliders seemed to be a great way for me to have a buddy to love on and be loved by for the rest of his furry little life, plus it helps that my fiancé adores them! :lol: I've been looking at the sugar glider veterinarian association (not sure on the abbreviation) and they seem to be perfect for what I need :) I've loved them for years and I think they'd be good for me since I'm just in school and working but living on my own.
I'm just confused on a breeder. I'm not very trusting of breeders since so many seem to be scams in the animal industry. I just want to make sure I get the right sugar glider who has been raised right, sold at the right time, and are interested in communication for the rest of the animal's life. I am from Ohio. I don't mind driving a little within the state to get one. Does anyone know of a good USDA licensed breeder here? Or if it's even legal! From what I've seen I think they are. Sorry I'm so long winded and I feel like I post something new everyday! But I have so many questions and wanting to be a vet means I ask quiet a bit of them! So to all you sugar glider mommies and daddies, help!
PipTheHedgehog

Re: Sugar Glider Breeders?

Postby PipTheHedgehog » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:38 pm

http://www.glidercentral.net/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php check here to find breeders.

Just know that gliders live for 15 YEARS. And getting them to bond to you can be difficult - but very rewarding once youve established one.

And I'd recommend HPW or BML as their diets, I posted the links somewhere on another post.

They also need a cage that has to be at least 4-5 feet tall, the taller the better! Plus tons of toys and foraging toys. c:

If you have ANY questions - feel free to message me. I'm happy to answer any questions you may have.
I have two little fuzzbutts myself, <3
Foxylady23

Postby Foxylady23 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:20 pm

Don't worry, I do my research and I'm okay with a fifteen year friendship :) ill definitely use your advice and message you with questions :) I wanna be the best mommy to them I can :)
PipTheHedgehog

Postby PipTheHedgehog » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:29 pm

I'm glad, icon-smile

They're a handful - but so worth it!

Return to “MARSUPIALS”