PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

I got my first Sugar Glider!!!

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Heak1975

I got my first Sugar Glider!!!

Postby Heak1975 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 8:45 pm

I just got my very first Sugar Glider from a the breeder today! I picked him up this morning! He is only 8-weeks-old and his name is Collin. I have a small little plastic cup that I put food into and he will sit on my hand and eat from it! His favorite is mealworms. He is the only pet I currently have in the household (it's just me and him). He is really funny and enjoys climbing on my hat rack! He will climb all over my bed, too. He actually went under my bed once and it scared me! I got him out by offering him a cup of mealworms. He has a wheel in his cage that he loves to run on. I'm wondering if I should get another Sugar Glider to be his friend. But, he really likes me and enjoys snuggling in his bonding pouch, so maybe it would be okay if it was just the two of us. :shrug:
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: I got my first Sugar Glider!!!

Postby Ash » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:37 pm

Hi, and welcome to the forum! Sugar gliders are such cute little animals. I don't think I'd ever own one (I'm intimidated by the diet), but I love seeing pictures of them and hearing about others experiences. A member on here Sarajeku had, I think 3-4 sugar gliders together.

If you have time, I would love to see pics of your little boy. He sounds very adorable.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
Heak1975

Postby Heak1975 » Wed Feb 05, 2014 9:44 pm

Sorry I didn’t introduce myself first. Collin is absolutely beyond adorable! He is just the regular classic color (not fancy at all). I couldn’t imagine having Collin x4! I don’t have any pictures yet, but I will try to get some. He is probably the most precious thing in the world (in my eyes)!

Right now Collin is just hanging out on my arm as I type. Maybe a minute ago he found his way into my key cupboard and was having a blast in there! I have some decorative shells on top (which I collect) and he thought they were the best toys! I was kind of scared he would knock one down and break it, but he was having so much fun, I didn't want to interrupt him. He now finds my key cupboard to be a great place to hang out. I also have shelves with some figurines on them that he enjoys climbing on. I guess it's all a great big, fun world out there for a baby Sugar Glider! He scared me when he was climbing on one of my very favorite and delicate figurines, so I scooped him up, but the little bugger just glided right back to it! He loves exploring my computer desk, too. Oh, and sitting on top of my head is another favorite spot of his, although I hate it. I went to grab him off my head, and accidently grabbed him by the tail...I hope that can't hurt him!
Circuit

Postby Circuit » Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:09 pm

Yes, glider tails are fragile, so be careful. It's nice to see how enthused you are about him though, lol. Congrats on your new baby. Have you managed to snap any pictures of him yet?

PipTheHedgehog

Postby PipTheHedgehog » Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:29 pm

Your glider WILL need to have a buddy. They're colony animals so it's best to keep them in pairs. Having two isnt much more work than having one. Pff, I have 5 at the moment and it's not too overwhelming. You'll have to be careful on introductions though - you can't just throw two gliders in one cage or else they'll fight and possibly hurt each other. If I may ask, what diet do you have your glider on currently? o;

Return to “MARSUPIALS”