PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Need Help!

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Need Help!

Postby pat » Fri Aug 15, 2014 7:49 am

Luxe

so darn cute. never seen one that young. I see the adults in the wild once in awhile. caught one in a humane trap, left him go tough.... my dogs have killed a couple of the adults :cry:

I thought about getting one awhile ago, but, I have my hands full with the critters I have..

In pa, we are not allowed to keep any type of animals from the wild. thats an instant kill if found.

I agree with you about the pen size required by the state. too small. for my bears, my state requires only a
18x12 for 1 bear, a little bigger for 2 :roll: mine have 5 or 6 times that size.
keeping animals in small enclosures is asking for problems with the animal.. too bad the state dont' understand that.

I will keep my eyes open for some babies. there seems to be several opossums owners on sybilsden facebook.
I don't post there much, I just remember seeing a bunch of opossum owners there that joined.

They carry equine protozoal myeloencephalitis in their feces
is there some type of vaccine that will prevent this?
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:22 pm

Holy crap you have bears?! Wow! At least they have a ton of space to do their thing, the state required is way too small. It's like when I see people keeping their pet lions or tigers in cages that appear to be maybe around 15x15x10. That's ridiculous to me. Makes me think of the rudimentary 'Elephant in the Living Room'. Are bears sweet when hand raised? I don't really know much about them as pets.

And PA has a kill policy if a wild animal is found and needs attention? Wow :( poor babies.

I thought you had coons too? I thought you may like this pic of two leucistic coons I found on one of the FB pages I like. It's a page made by these people with opossums(they also have parrots and an Jaramillo), and they post other people's exotic pets too. These people have two leucistics, I was so shocked, what are the odds? I'll post it when I get back on my computer.

Didn't know there was a sybils den FB page, gonna have to drop a like! And that is a very good question, I'll have to look into it.
"You are forever responsible for what you have tamed."
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:48 pm

"You are forever responsible for what you have tamed."

Return to “MARSUPIALS”