PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Is it him?!

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Luxe

Is it him?!

Postby Luxe » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:17 pm

I'd set up a wireless WiFi webcam at my friend's house to keep a watch out for the slim chance Ozzy had got outside. I'd given up hope of finding him but hoped that mayhaps he escaped and is now making a living outdoors, as nature had intended. Might not of been what I'd intended, but nonetheless, it's better than nothing. I was just kind of lounging with my fiance when all of a sudden I saw an opossum for the first time in a little over a month. I was so shocked! I thought they were all gone from the area since they'd been missing so long(there used to be a good population). We're very much hoping it's him. The one I saw didn't seem to have damaged ears like most wild opossums, had a nice healthy tail with no lumps, and was overall healthy in appearance.

Here's hoping!

I never did share any pics I took while spending time bonding with him, so, here.

For the younger pictures, I think those were of him, but if it happens to be one of his siblings, that's pretty much what he looked like when he was littler.

For those that don't know, Ozzy was a part of a trio of young opossums rescued from a dead mother by my friend. I gave her my information on how I raise young opossums since she was inexperienced in younger ones, only had experience with juveniles(mostly independent). Shortly after the last photo here, he ended up escaping from the container and getting lost. We turned the whole house upside down trying to find him, to no avail. Even looked around outside, found nothing but some droppings we assumed may of been from a bird, just without urate. At about 9 or 10 weeks of age I decided to adopt him and started spending all the time I could with him when I had the chance to travel to her place. I was absolutely devastated after losing him. From my last time messaging her, the remaining siblings are fine and should be released within the next month.

"You are forever responsible for what you have tamed."
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Is it him?!

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:34 pm

I used to see possums about that size(in his last photos) on their own all the time where I used to live. At that size it does seem most likely that he got outside somehow or there would be evidence of something somewhere inside. Seems a good chance then that he survived and that maybe that was him you saw.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:18 am

I think it definitely could be him. :) If so, that would be a good ending to the sad story. That must have been refreshing to see. Keep an eye out for him and see if he comes back. I think it'd be cool to have an opossum hanging around.

Oh, my, gosh... That picture of him on the scale... Just 54 grams! That means he weighed as much as a little ball python hatchling! :mrgreen: They are so adorable.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
BlueBaby1023

Postby BlueBaby1023 » Fri Sep 12, 2014 1:25 pm

Ash wrote:Oh, my, gosh... That picture of him on the scale... Just 54 grams! That means he weighed as much as a little ball python hatchling! :mrgreen: They are so adorable.

That is the exact same reaction I had! :lol:

I did not comment on the original story but I did read through it when you posted it a while back. I'm glad you seemed to have spotted him! :mrgreen:
4 Fancy Rats
2 American Guinea Pigs
1 Holland Lop Rabbit
1 Rex Rabbit
2 Ferrets
1 Lutino Cockatiel
5 Mixed Breed Cats
1 PitxLab
1 Great Pyr
1 Greyhound
2 Great PyrxAnatolian Shepherds
2 Red Foxes
5 Goats
~100 chickens, ducks, and turkeys
Boscopossum

Postby Boscopossum » Sun Sep 14, 2014 5:41 pm

Hopefully it's him!
Its great to think that hes doing well (:

And those are the cutest pictures ever... That first picture of him on the scale is absolutely adorable!
Hes so tiny. Haha.

Return to “MARSUPIALS”