PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Ozzy's Update

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Luxe

Ozzy's Update

Postby Luxe » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:14 am

Little boy is doing well. He's still not 100% comfortable with the touchy feelies, but I did find him cuddled up at my feet the other morning. So adorable. <3

He happily takes food from me. I just have to move slow or else I startle him.

"You are forever responsible for what you have tamed."
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ozzy's Update

Postby Ash » Fri Oct 24, 2014 1:44 pm

Wow, he's so cute. :) I'm excited to see how it goes keeping him. I'm surprised he's warming up as fast as he is, since he was in the wild for a while. Keep us updated with his progress.

Does he sleep on the bed with you? That'd be so cute to wake up to in the morning. Also would make your feet warm and toasty. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Fri Oct 24, 2014 3:01 pm

Ash wrote:Wow, he's so cute. :) I'm excited to see how it goes keeping him. I'm surprised he's warming up as fast as he is, since he was in the wild for a while. Keep us updated with his progress.

Does he sleep on the bed with you? That'd be so cute to wake up to in the morning. Also would make your feet warm and toasty. :)

Not usually, no. I was kind of surprised and touched to see him sleeping at my feet. He really prefers passing out under the drawer units, in little cubbies around the house, behind rubbermaid containers, etc.

I'm really glad I took him in and that he was caught, whether he actually is Ozzy or not. The winter is coming, and I fear it may be worse than the last... Rumor has it, young fellas like this one have difficulty during their first winter, which is why only a few out of an entire litter survive. I mean, it's not just the winter that kills them, you also got natural predators, ignorant people, and cars... but part of me does question why they have such winter difficulty. Their coat is surprisingly dense, I'd venture to say they have a double coat... but I guess most animals would have difficulty in negative degree weather. :(
Boscopossum

Postby Boscopossum » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:12 pm

Aw hes so cute! :'D
I noticed he has a little slaggletooth. Haha. Is his always like that? Or just in that picture?
My baby has a funny snaggletooth too. His comes up from the bottom jaw though. xD
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:03 am

He has both hang out over his lip. He stole my sandwich while I wasn't looking.

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:30 pm

He is just too adorable for words. :shock: I am so happy to see you making so much progress with him.

I'm also very surprised he is already good with a collar. Did it take him a while to accept it?
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Boscopossum

Postby Boscopossum » Sat Nov 01, 2014 11:33 am

Oh my gosh he's a vampire. Haha.
He is so cute!
He looks like he's doing really well. He also looks like he enjoyed your sandwich. xD
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Tue Nov 04, 2014 3:10 am

Not at all, actually. He's very accepting of most everything. He's still not sure about fast movements, and he's slow to accept a pet without going 'half dead', as I call it. Initially he'll flop on his side and hang his mouth open a little, but as soon as you turn your back he runs off. He's not in the full on 'possum' display where they go 'comatose' for a good while.

As the day progresses he becomes less caring about being touched, to a point where if he wants to go somewhere and he's in your arms, he's gonna go despite how much ya try and fuss with him. No jaw hangin' open or anything, just wigglin' those little arms and legs tryin' to get away.

Amazingly, he also accepted nail trimming with no problem at all. First time, not a fuss, not a whine, not a growl, drop of drool, or bared teeth. I was amazed. He does have his days, though, where I catch him in a particularly foul mood. I just leave him be and come back later.

Return to “MARSUPIALS”