PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Website Done

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Luxe

Website Done

Postby Luxe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:22 pm

If you spot any problems or anything, please notify me. I spent 17 straight hours typing from paper to word document, proofreading as I went, and then the rest of the time making the website, organizing the text, inserting the pictures and trying to give credit, etc.

I will later add a Recipes & Diet tab, but, for now, I'm too doggone tired to bother with that. The cellphone view is currently disabled until I can figure out a way to edit the text on it. For some reason it wouldn't let me, which was infuriating. Yes, I did use a template, but all my HTML knowledge has gone to mush as it's outdated these days. It's all I knew, and it wasn't even a lot at that. Mostly how to set up linked images, links to text, backgrounds, insert images, etc.

http://pawesomepaws.com

Let me know what ya think!

Thanks for your time.

Edit: By the way, I'm not sure if the Facebook Like button is working...
"You are forever responsible for what you have tamed."
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Website Done

Postby Ash » Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:55 pm

That's really, really nice. :) I like the layout a lot, and the info is great. Also I think the pictures are pretty. :) Did you take them yourself?

Something that you could do that may look more "neat" and easy on the eye, is left-justifying the text.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:43 pm

When I clicked on care sheet it went to the middle of the page instead of staying at the top. That should be a simple code or link fix. It does look nice.
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Hmmm... I'll have to take a look at it after work... We don't have internet here. Currently proofreading to be sure. If I had internet I'd fix it now. Don't think my phone can handle that.

I'm a security guard, supervisor is lax. Allows us to play on our personal laptops and such, as long as we look up, sign people in, etc. Ozzy sleeps the whole time. Can usually hear him snoring, on occasion.
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:07 pm

Additionally, it was not doing that when I left... Weird.

Also, the pictures in About Us are ours. The others have small text below them that state what website they came from.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:28 pm

Just tried again and it still did it, just so we know it wasn't a fluke and it goes straight down to having the playing possum photo in the middle of the page. I use firefox.
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Sun Oct 26, 2014 5:44 pm

TamanduaGirl wrote:Just tried again and it still did it, just so we know it wasn't a fluke and it goes straight down to having the playing possum photo in the middle of the page. I use firefox.

Ahhh, I use Chrome. Used to be loyal to Firefox until it just wasn't keeping up. I'm gonna have to rearrange that whole page anyways. I thought I could get away with just creating space by pressing enter, then placing a photo down, but that method has proven to be more trouble than it's worth. The photos aren't even aligned correctly on my cellphone when I try to load it. It'd be better if it were made for cellphones, I'm sure, but I'm having issues with that editor.
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:47 am

Ok, I pretty much rearranged all the pages. Fixed all the typos I spotted... and enabled the cellphone view since I got fed up with it and just tossed out the things that were bothering me. The new layout really helped with the cellphone issue, too.

After everything, I did install Firefox and test it. It worked as intended, so if it's still doing that for you, Tamanduagirl, then I have no clue... Also tested it on the Comodo Dragon browser and it also worked fine.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:14 pm

Yeah that fixed it.
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Yey! My cellphone loads it fine, too. This'll be good for when I go grocery shopping for his majesty lol~
KingObeat

Postby KingObeat » Tue Oct 28, 2014 3:43 am

Looking good.
HumaneWatch
http://www.humanewatch.org/

United States Association of Reptile Keepers
http://usark.org/

Protect the Harvest
http://protecttheharvest.com/
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:41 am

Thanks.

Just added ratios for meat based products, including cuban tree frogs and anoles since they're fairly common and easy to obtain. Couldn't find calcium and phosphorus content for whole fish, sadly.
Boscopossum

Postby Boscopossum » Thu Oct 30, 2014 10:18 pm

Beautiful website!
I'm sure this well help so many people with correctly taking care of opossums. You definitely helped me a ton!
Luxe

Postby Luxe » Fri Oct 31, 2014 1:06 am

Boscopossum wrote:Beautiful website!
I'm sure this well help so many people with correctly taking care of opossums. You definitely helped me a ton!

Thanks!
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:35 pm

I really like it, and you have so much good info there. Maybe you could add a fun section that details your experience with your opossums over the years? Like, start with Ozzy. It could kind of be like "journal entries" of cute stories, like a blog. I'll bet a lot of people would absolutely love reading that sort of stuff. You could call it something like "My Adventure," lol. The cute little stories really attracts people to animal sites. ;)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas

Return to “MARSUPIALS”