PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Sugar glider

Wallabies, kangaroos, Sugar Gliders, Possums, Quolls, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Foxyjadda

Re: Sugar glider

Postby Foxyjadda » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:42 pm

But you DEFINITELY need more than one. A single glider alone will get depressed. No matter how much time you spend with it, there is no replacement for having that social interaction with its own species. It needs someone to sleep with and interact with when you're not around.

Yes that I also know ;)
Okay I will get 1 neutered male and one female so it will be best of both worlds
:lol:
My pets
4 Turtles- Toyota, Root Beer, Calester and Hummer (they are all red eared sliders)
1 Cat- Egypt (some mixed breed)
1 Dog- Precious (Pekingese/Tibetan spaniel mix)
2 Mice-Brazil and California (Fancy mouse)
More to come hopefully!
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Sun Aug 21, 2011 7:46 pm

They usually just stay asleep, but if they ever wake up, they won't venture very far away from me. I only have one that likes other people, and he'll go visit my teachers and classmates if he come out, but he still always comes right back to make sure momma's still there. If I get out of his sight in a strange place, he panics. The other two won't come off of my arms/shoulders/back/head.
They trust me, so I trust them. I try to make sure they don't come out when I'm outdoors though. I have a special pouch with a zipper I can put them in when I'm outside, just to make sure they're safe. I always carry it when they're in my shirt, just in case. But I haven't needed it.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:03 pm

I'm not trying to discourage you from sugar gliders, but look into the Siberian chipmunks. They are sooo cute. Also, the learning curve on sugar gliders and most small furries right now is steep. In the 6 months or whatever you are saving money to buy a lot can change in terms of knowledge and available food, so don't get set on brand until you are ready to buy. Look at the stock of whom you buy from and ask them what exactly they feed and how long they've been breeding. If they have multiple generations, have been breeding for years, and their stock is healthy, they are obviously doing something right.
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:32 pm

Trefoil wrote:I'm not trying to discourage you from sugar gliders,

Okay
In the 6 months or whatever you are saving money to buy a lot can change in terms of knowledge and available food,

2 years I will be saving or as long as it takes me but I think it will take me only 2 years because once I start saving I cant stop until I get to my goal

so don't get set on brand until you are ready to buy.

that's what my mom said :lol:
My pets
4 Turtles- Toyota, Root Beer, Calester and Hummer (they are all red eared sliders)
More to come hopefully!
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:02 am

http://www.sugar-glider-store.com/capowiwiblwh.html
How many sugar gliders can fit into this
Can it hold two sugar gliders
My pets
More to come hopefully!
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Aug 22, 2011 7:27 am

That'll hold at least three. That's what I use for my emergency pouch. They're made to hold up to four though.
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:18 am

Thanks
My pets
More to come hopefully!
Juska

Postby Juska » Wed Aug 24, 2011 10:56 pm

Don't really know much about Sugar Gliders, but I wanted to share this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqSGJzSiz5s
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:07 pm

That is amazing. Almost makes me want to have a couple.......nah. Although they are really cute.
Foxyjadda

Postby Foxyjadda » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:02 pm

:lol: how could they cram themselves in that :monk-dev:
Trefoil

They are into togetherness

Postby Trefoil » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:24 pm

And also very tame
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:55 pm

I agree with you Trefoil...I could never have sugar gliders, they're too fragile and delicate. On the other hand, rats can survive almost anything, so I think I'll stick to them :lol:
Foxylady23

Postby Foxylady23 » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:03 pm

sarajeku wrote:I personally recommend Priscilla Price, if you do end up buying gliders from a breeder. She's in Texas, but she ships. She's very helpful and will answer any questions. She called me when the flight got delayed to let me know I shouldn't worry.

I am looking for sugar gliders as well and am now focusing on the breeder. I saw Priscilla online and thought her site looked good, but her gliders are expensive. Especially since I want to get two. Is it worth it? I'm not looking to breed or anything, in fact I'd simply like to get two litter mates. Does she breed and then give you a choice of the litter or do you have to purchase ones from her site? I live in Ohio, would it be okay to ship? I know some animals don't do well with shipping.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Fri Nov 22, 2013 12:15 am

Priscilla is totally worth it. You'll likely have to choose at least one from the website, but if you talk to her, she'll probably let you have a sibling (if said joey has one). Suggies don't have "litters". They often have twins though. They may have an older sibling or cagemate that has already been introduced though. When I got mine, I got a pair of brothers and a cagemate. I picked one boy from the website and talked to Priscilla about the other two.

She does ship and she will have them neutered for you, if you so choose. My boys did fine during shipping. They were less happy about the car ride after pickup.

Her prices are about average for any reputable breeder. Anything that says "Het for ____" is for breeders. That means they carry a certain color, and they will be more pricey than one that doesn't carry that color.
Under "Pet Pricing Specials" she has VERY reasonable prices. A cremeino for $399... I would give ANYTHING to have $399 right now! Those are usually priced in the thousands! Also under the "Pouch Pals" category, they are around $150, which is about average for a classic gray.
Foxylady23

Postby Foxylady23 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:10 am

sarajeku wrote:Priscilla is totally worth it. You'll likely have to choose at least one from the website, but if you talk to her, she'll probably let you have a sibling (if said joey has one). Suggies don't have "litters". They often have twins though.

Oh! Gosh, I feel silly. I always heard foxes brothers and sisters called litter mates and I saw on a website someone call them that. I knew they had only one or two babies at a time, so I should have known! :red-face:
Anyway, thanks! I saw the Pouch pals and Pet Pricing categories and I saw they were WAY more reasonable on there. I was only seeing the 500 dollar ones and up and kinda had a heart attack. I wanted two and there was no way I was going to pay 1,000 for a pair I don't want to breed! I think when the times comes I might buy from her. Her babies are so cute! I must be boring because all I want is two grays (they're colorings are soooo cute!)

Return to “MARSUPIALS”