PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

3 New Pregnant Pigs!!!

Warthogs, razorbacks, Potbellies, Bearded pigs, Any breed or species of Pigs, hogs, boars

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

pigmama

3 New Pregnant Pigs!!!

Postby pigmama » Thu Jul 21, 2016 8:35 am

I took in three pregnant female "miniature" pigs from my neighbor. Her house was being foreclosed on and she was just going to butcher them. So, being the animal lover that I am, I told her I would take them. Sadly, she already butchered the male. :cry:

She used these girls as nothing more than breeding machines. They have obviously had no socialization and are just beyond terrified. They are all within what I would consider the "miniature" size, but one is just MORBIDLY obese. She has to be 3x the weight she should be. She said I can just feed them whatever I don't want. She gave them whatever old food she had; bread, cheese, meat and basically junk food. She says they don't like fruits and vegetables.

I feel so bad for these girls and I've never had a pig before. I have 45 acres, so I have more than enough room. Right now they are fenced off in 3 acres, and I have put three XL dog houses and straw for them. They have water and I will be going to get feed soon. Hopefully I will be able to get them to eat fruits and veggies soon.

I've named the smallest one Leena, the middle-sized one Reina and the chubby one Blaze. They never have had names before. I've been told they are all 5 years old, sisters from the same litter and this will be their 5th litter. :wall:

This morning at 6am I fed them some raw ground chicken with ground bone. Pigs are omnivores and I figured they need the protein and calcium after all the stress and their pregnancy. They loved it. I feed my dogs on raw, so I have tons of meat around (will not be feeding pork anymore :lol: ).

Oh, I also have the vet coming by today to look them over. Any tips are greatly appreciated, especially on getting the extra weight off the big girl. I don't know how often to feed them, but I have some raw chicken livers I'm going to take out to them at around 8am.

Return to “PIGS - Domestic and wild”