ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Pigs in Nicaragua

Warthogs, razorbacks, Potbellies, Bearded pigs, Any breed or species of Pigs, hogs, boars

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

RedwoodBeach

Pigs in Nicaragua

Postby RedwoodBeach » Sun May 18, 2008 9:01 am

this is our first post. We have a male pig, about 3-4 months old. His name is Naca and he is pink with small grey dots on his back and floppy ears. he was a gift from a friend. We are trying to get up to speed on raising him. He has a nice big pen under a mango tree with a "pop-out" sleeping area. he seems pretty happy and responds to us when we talk to him. Our question is: Around here, a lot of misinformation abounds about vitamins and shots. We feed him Millrun and kitchen scraps from our restaurant, but we don't give him any extra vitamins. Another friend, who raises pigs, said that he is too small for his age and that his pigs are bigger (pig-envy?!). We are trying to get a "schedule" that we can follow and a list of injectable/food vitamins (they do injections here.) We live in a very remote part of Nicaragua and the closest city is about 1 1/2 away, but we can buy just about anything needed for animal care there. any suggestions? Also, he doesn't have a girlfriend yet, but we want to get him one. any thoughts on that one?
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Sat May 24, 2008 9:13 am

RedwoodBeach

welcome to sybils message board.

I never gave my pigs vitamins. so I don't know how crucial it would be.

If you want to fatten them up, you can give them bread (some bread stores will sell their out of date bread really cheap)
also, ice cream is good. mine loved ice cream.

but, for the proper nutrtion, I also fed mine turkey finisher. all my animals seem to really love this.
but,if you have a farm store near by, ask what type of food they have for pigs, if they don't stock it, they probably can order it.

do you have pictures of them? I would love to see them.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “PIGS - Domestic and wild”