PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

piggy problem

Warthogs, razorbacks, Potbellies, Bearded pigs, Any breed or species of Pigs, hogs, boars

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

andy greenfield

piggy problem

Postby andy greenfield » Mon Sep 29, 2008 5:42 am

any help appreciated..... my 11 month old black pig is usually friendly and dcile. she walks on a leash and will sit for food like a dog. but once a month for three days when in season, i can not enter her pen. all she wants to do is jump up on me. since she is very heavy this is a problem.she can easily knock me over. I hate to restrict her to her pen for the three days but i cant go near her. is there a solution. how do i explain to her that i am not a boar.
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:48 am

you can get her spayed, otherwise this is very normal behavior for a pig in heat.
andy greenfield

Postby andy greenfield » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:04 am

many thanks........of all the answers i did not think of that. spaying may make her even fatter! may let her have one litter first. obrigado.
dragon_lady

Postby dragon_lady » Mon Sep 29, 2008 9:41 pm

I couldn't stand to see my pot bellied pig in misery every month, so I had her spayed. She didn't gain a lot of weight, but then I was in controll of her portions. Gave her the same as always with not problems. Cindy
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:13 pm

feed her primarily hay and she will be full and very lean. It make take some conditioning for her to recognize it as food. They like alfalfa best.

Return to “PIGS - Domestic and wild”