PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

My new baby Girl

Warthogs, razorbacks, Potbellies, Bearded pigs, Any breed or species of Pigs, hogs, boars

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

My new baby Girl

Postby dinnka » Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:19 pm

Here she is.... Saraphina.. she is the most perfect little girl ( thank you Tiffany). We have had her a few days now and she is perfect. She is eating like a little piggy, her milk and her mini pig pellets. she LOVES her cat bed, that is the only place she will sleep... she has gone 100% in her litter box and has not had a accident yet.. we have her in the bathroom so she can have the whole room away from the dogs....she loves attention and will come up to us whenever we go intot he room.. here are a few pics of her I will post more as time goes.

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd18 ... ggy079.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd18 ... ggy074.jpg

http://i227.photobucket.com/albums/dd18 ... ggy080.jpg
15 fox, 1 bobcat, 1 kinkajou, 2 birds, 3 cats, 9 dogs, 1 ringtailed lemur, 1 pig, numerous chickens, 3 geckos
3 kids (all boys) 1 grandson
visit us on facebook @
https://www.facebook.com/wildadventuresfoxden
BB

Postby BB » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:24 am

She is absolutely gorgeous!!! :bear I love how she snuggles up in her bed, too adorable!
What a smart little girl, knowing her litter box and surrounds already. I'm soo jealous! I wish I could trade Sophia with your one :lol:
dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

Postby dinnka » Wed Aug 05, 2009 3:39 pm

thank you... I love her to death, she is so funny.. she started to play with her toys today and showed that she can be a little stinker with her bowl..lol.. we put her milk in a bowl for her and she drinks it right up (usualy about 4 ounces) so when she is done we put water in the bowl.. well when she finds out it is water and not milk she takes her nose and pushes the bowl around until it is empty all over the floor and will look at me, snort then go to her bed... what a little snot !! lol the only problem we are having with her is her occasional biting and boy do those little teeth hurt !!! we are working on correcting that one. We have started the "Sit" command and that is going well. I was wondering at what age can I start giving her treats for training commands ( such a tiny pice of fruit or vegies?) if anyone knows
mandy
15 fox, 1 bobcat, 1 kinkajou, 2 birds, 3 cats, 9 dogs, 1 ringtailed lemur, 1 pig, numerous chickens, 3 geckos
visit us on facebook @
BB

Postby BB » Wed Aug 05, 2009 6:06 pm

I started mine straight away. When you tell her to sit, and you are unsure about other treats just give her milk instead.(I'm not quite sure about that breed) Do they get tusks as well?
dragon_lady

Postby dragon_lady » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:36 pm

I think I would start with a very small piece of mini marshmallow. Wouldn't hurt, but gets their attention. Cindy
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:14 pm

The biting is how they play with each other. Its going to be difficult at this age to get her to understand its not appropriate. Unless she is biting when you pick her up?
The little piglets usually run at each other sideways and chew on each other, and try and flip each other over. They play REALLY rough. She had a small scab on her one ear, from her playing with her brothers. Let me know what you find that works, as I would like to know when I finally get a girl I want to keep.
dragon_lady

Postby dragon_lady » Wed Aug 05, 2009 11:46 pm

I would try a spray bottle or squirt gun. Yell loud and spray. It worked here for different behaviors. Cindy
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:39 pm

how is she doing?
dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

Postby dinnka » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:55 pm

Tiffany, I sent you a PM.. anyway she is AWESOME !!! I have to say she is one of my most favorite animals I have !! she loves me to death and has bonded very strongly with me.. she loves to snuggle on the couch with me. When I get home from work inthe morning I come into the office ( she has moved out of the bathroom and into the office ) and she will come running up to me and squeel soooo loud and run around my feet, she is so funny. She loves when I lay on the floor and "snort" to her, she will snort realy loud and give lots of kisses!! I do think I will have a awefull time weaning her from her milk though, she eats her mini pig pellets fruits and vegies fine but is soo motivated by her bowl of milk, she will def make sure I know when she is out of it !!! lol, right now she is sleeping ontop of my feet under my desk. I take her outside and i will run and she will rn so fast to chase me and do these little side kicks. sitting is not coming along very well but I can get her to lay down darn near everytime and reward her with a long belly rub which she absolutly loves. we are going to get her a harness this weekend ( got one already but she does not like it around her legs so will try a different one).. all in all i coldnt ask for a better more loving little girl. She has quit the personality and is soooo affectionate. Her biting has now almost stopped, I think it was just her way of saying " Hey Im down here"!! so now when she starts to "mouth" I will let her take my hand in her mouth and she very gentle nibbles on it, so no more hard bites!!!
I cant thank you enough for her, she is just amazing !!!! now I want another one..lol
visit us on facebook @
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Aug 14, 2009 10:35 pm

well I guess technically you dont have wean her, but I bottlefed my goat untill she was a year old :D

Does she mind being picked up now?
BB

Postby BB » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:31 am

She sounds soo lovely! I cannot mention enough how jealous I am!
Please keep on posting stories and pics to enjoy.

Meanwhile I have to put up with one grumpy pig.....(see tusks subject)
dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

Postby dinnka » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:55 pm

just an update...little Sarah is doing great, she is so very loving. She is getting along well with all the dogs ( well the puppy thinks she is a sqeaky toy..lol) and is a very much loved little piggy. She is growing way too fast and way too wide..lol.. I have had to cut her feed back as she is already quit the porker. Her newest milestone she learned today !!! SIT.. she learned today to sit for her treats, and wheat bread is her favorite by far I think. it only took a few times for her to catch on, although it is hard for her because we have no carpet and she tends to sit/split..lol but she is trying. She also had her first bath the other day, this went surprisingly well, she kept sticking her nose under the water and blowing bubbles, it was quit amusing. I have to say of all the animals we have, this little piggy has stolen my heart and has become one of my favorites. I just hope she will remain this lovey and friendly.
I will post new pics when I get another free moment
visit us on facebook @
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:46 pm

I think she will stay sweet for you.

I got an update today from the family I sold the first and only other piglet I sold. They named her twinkle because she has two extra dew claw toes. Twinkle toes haha. She is still very sweet and very loving. They say she is not destructive in the house at all, I was suprised to here that. Sometimes pigs can be. They say she can be shy around strangers but very affectionate with them. She is the baby of the bigger female you saw, Lulu. They also have different dads, but Twinkle and Sarah do have the same grandfather. This one is over a year old now.

I still have the little boy if anyones interested HINT HINT

BB

Postby BB » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:19 am

I'd take him straight away if I could!!! No, I'll trade him for Sophia!!! :lol: Did you see we got the tusks cut out???

Return to “PIGS - Domestic and wild”