PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

SARAH SAVED ME !!!

Warthogs, razorbacks, Potbellies, Bearded pigs, Any breed or species of Pigs, hogs, boars

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

SARAH SAVED ME !!!

Postby dinnka » Fri Apr 02, 2010 10:06 pm

ok so a fewmonths ago someone brought me this yearling coon that was orphaned as a baby and born wild....i took it in knowing i realy shouldnt but did anyway.. well all was fine until a few days ago when she somehow squeezed through a small opening and got out... i wasnt realy worried since coons are so hardy and thought she would come back anyway.. well she did tonite.. and i heard a commotion in my chicken coop so i went out to find one of my hens had been drug out of the coop and killed.. i went to pick her up and as i bent over this coon came from nowhere snarling and growling getting ready to attach to my leg when sarah my pig came and realy tore after that coon... sarah stayed between me and the coon and woud not let it near me.. after looking closer i could tell it was the little one that had been brought here,, i could also tell that she got a taste of the wild.. with coons they can turn so quickly and if and when they do they will never turn friendly again... i also knew with her being so crazy mean right now i could not put her back with my other coon nor could i let her be free as she is now a chicken killer.. so unfortunatly she is no longer with us, but as sad as i am about that ( i had only had her not long so wasnt too attached) but it still bothers me,, but i was so amazed as to how my pig guarded me.. i have never heard of anything like that before... sarah knew something was about to hurt her mama and she was not having it
15 fox, 1 bobcat, 1 kinkajou, 2 birds, 3 cats, 9 dogs, 1 ringtailed lemur, 1 pig, numerous chickens, 3 geckos
3 kids (all boys) 1 grandson
visit us on facebook @
https://www.facebook.com/wildadventuresfoxden
BB

Postby BB » Fri Apr 02, 2010 11:39 pm

Oh my, that is just wonderful! See, all the spoiling has payed off! :lol:
I'm sorry for your chickens though.... :cry:
How is Sarah? I was wondering about her a few days ago...any pics?
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:54 am

That's great about your pigs.

Understand with the coon. Not only was she a chicken killed but not scared to go after people and that's really bad.
FOXman

Postby FOXman » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:03 am

Sorry for your loss of a chicken. But good for your pig! I have heard of simular stories with pigs. They are actually very smart animals. Experts say they have the mind of a 5 year old child! I was amazed, from looking at them you wouldn't think they were at all smart. But in all actuallity they ARE!
When I see my future foxie for the first time, I'll know that it was worth the wait.
Juska

Re: SARAH SAVED ME !!!

Postby Juska » Thu Sep 02, 2010 10:24 pm

I've seen many stories on TV about people's pigs saving them from attack and injury. I think they have a very strong sense of danger and protectiveness towards those they see as family.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
motdaugrnds

Postby motdaugrnds » Thu Dec 26, 2013 11:45 am

What a wonderful story. Would you mind telling me what kind of pig Sarah is and how she was raised?
http://motdaugrnds.com/farmsales ~~~~~I am what I am! Acknowledging tis is the beginning; and my growth is yet to end!
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Thu Dec 26, 2013 10:14 pm

Sarah is a micro mini that grew quite large.
The parents were about 60 pounds and 5 years old.

I sold sarah to Dinnkaand she bottle/pan reared her.

I actually sold the parents a couple months ago due to some family issues, but also it was getting extremely hard to find good homes for the babies. Most people do not understand pigs and want to make them into dogs. I refused to tell people what they wanted to hear just to make a sale. So no more mini pigs.

Return to “PIGS - Domestic and wild”