PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

A fish story

Fresh, Salt, & Pond fish. Aquatic inverts, jelly fish, shrimp, octopus, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Juska

A fish story

Postby Juska » Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:20 pm

So, this morning when I got up, I went to feed my fish like I always do. In my 20 gallon, I have 4 Silver Tip Tetras, 8 Endler's Livebearers and one Flame Dwarf Gourami named Roman. Well, this morning, Roman was nowhere to be seen. I typically have plenty of hiding places in my tank for the little ones, but Roman is the biggest fish in the tank and is very bold. He never hides. So I set off looking for him.

I took all the decor out of the tank (6 plastic plants of varying size, a few river stones and a large imitation piece of driftwood) and didn't see him. I also checked behind the stand and on the floor all around, and thought there was a slim chance he had jumped out through the small opening at the top of the hood and maybe been eaten by one of the dogs (which I thought unlikely, but possible).

So I figured I'd do a small water change, stir up the gravel and make sure he wasn't buried or there weren't remnants left of him if he was eaten (which I doubted as I have tetras and guppies).

It took about 10 minutes to do the change, and when I went to put the driftwood back in the water, I turned it upside down to let the air out so it wouldn't float. I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary when I took it out to clean.

But then, out of a small hole on the underside of the wood, comes Roman, gasping for breath and laying at the bottom of the tank! I yelled "He's alive! I can't believe it!"

That decoration was sitting for at least 5 minutes on the floor (on a towel) with no water in it. How he survived I will never know.

He's a little dazed and confused but I believe he'll be alright. He ate some blood worms with his usual voracity. I took this picture shortly after finding him! It seems like he's saying "What the hell just happened?" :lol:

Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!

Return to “Fish and Aquaria - Aquatic inverts”