please read this regarding toxic dog foods: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14637

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

what a guts

Fresh, Salt, & Pond fish. Aquatic inverts, jelly fish, shrimp, octopus, etc.

Moderators: hecate, Ash, TamanduaGirl

BB

what a guts

Postby BB » Sat Dec 27, 2008 2:02 am

Every year we save some of the native fish which are trapped in the puddles after the wet season. I dug in a tinnie which is my native pond. Amongst the rainbows gudgeons glassfish and so on I also got some Platies, which as usual breed like no tomorrow.Recently when it started to get warm (warm is an understatement - freakin hot!) The number of platies and other small fish seem to diminish.... and one day I found the culprit!! I've must have caught a little sleepy cod last year and put it in there....needless to say not so small anymore....
I managed to catch it, and we let it go at a nature park nearby... lucky it put on a little weight because food won't be that readily available any more :lol:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:08 pm

Yay, you saved the little fishies. I'm sure the ones that are left are thanking you. :D
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
Cellardoor

Postby Cellardoor » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:44 pm

sneaky bugger! glad you got a hold of him before he cleaned you out!

-Hutch-
BB

Postby BB » Thu Jan 29, 2009 8:01 am

Yes, I'm glad he's gone to a proper environment for him... :lol:
Funny enough I put 5 new sword tails in that pond - and they are all gone! :?:
I don't bother putting other fish than natives (rainbows and glass-fish) in there - it's getting to darn expensive otherwise.
I've also netted a few of my big rainbows out of my 4ft fish tank and put them in the tinnie.
I really want to stock the tank with tetra species again. I bought 5 red tetras to "test" my blue acaras(which are pretty big by now); two went missing but now all is good. If I get my plant situation right I'll get more plants for the little fish to hide.

Return to “Fish and Aquaria - Aquatic inverts”