PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

ghosts

Fresh, Salt, & Pond fish. Aquatic inverts, jelly fish, shrimp, octopus, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

BB

ghosts

Postby BB » Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:14 am

Well I just thought I'll post in the ghost section again, for a change....

I've got this 4 foot fish tank on our veranda and my four blue acaras are getting rather big. I did get rid of a few natives and want to stock it up with some tetra species.
I really think I should get a bigger fish tank, like 6 - 8 foot long but I'm not quite sure if the veranda can withstand the weight..
Also, I've got my partner to make me a sturdy stand for the 4' so I don't think he is impressed to weld up another one :lol:
I'll just gonna "browse" the paper tomorrow and see what bargains I can get.....
BB

Postby BB » Sun Feb 08, 2009 12:57 am

Well, I caught all the big rainbows out and put them in the tinnie.
I've got some nice tetras in the tank now, found some Congo tetras which looked pretty boring at the shop but in my tank they developed a nice red tail with a black spot on it.
So far so good....
BB

Postby BB » Sun Feb 08, 2009 1:03 am

there you go
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:20 am

Oh wow your tank is beautiful. Why is it that nobody hardly replies in this section?
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
BB

Postby BB » Tue Feb 10, 2009 6:38 pm

I don't know, I think fish are quite interesting.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:20 pm

Your tank looks great! If you have any question about your floor holding the weight, you could put it on the first floor and use a floor jack under it to give extra support. My 120 gallon sits on one joist (?) because of the direction they run, so we supported it in the crawl space. So far, its worked .
Cesious Fox

Postby Cesious Fox » Tue Feb 10, 2009 7:21 pm

suki'smom wrote:Oh wow your tank is beautiful. Why is it that nobody hardly replies in this section?

REPLIED ^_^ Nice tank :mrgreen: BB do you think you can have a shark as pet?
BB

Postby BB » Wed Feb 11, 2009 6:18 am

:mrgreen: The question is which shark? I'll have a problem with a white pointer! :mrgreen:
I do have a little silver shark in my pond though.....
For little gummi-sharks, I've seen them in the petshop but they are saltwater fish and I'm not quite sure if I should make the step forward to a saltwater aquarium....
I love to look at them but I've heard it is a real problem up here to keep the coral at the right temperature because it is so hot.
Whenever we go fishing (which is rare now since my partner is a "stress" fisher and we'd rather go "boating", he also doesn't eat fish and I cannot see the point catching fish when we don't eat them...I mean if I catch one fish that's enough for me) we sometimes catch a shark, and we let them go again.
I'm not quite sure if you heard of Barramundi, it is THE fish to catch, everyone thinks so anyway, you are only allowed to take fish 55cm upwards, now that is a big feast! My biggest one I've caught was 98 cm long but I released it again because I think they are not very good eating when they reach this size.

Trefoil, I thought about some poles underneath the veranda but my dog would be upset since her dog bed is under there.....ah got to go....my food is burning
BB

Postby BB » Wed Feb 11, 2009 9:16 am

pew, just in time..... :lol:
Anyway, when we built the veranda we forgot that our washing machine is outside too so whenever in use the whole veranda vibrates at the spin cycle :roll:
This fish tank is ok with it but if I get a bigger one I'm not quite sure how the glass is coping?
If it wouldn't be such a project I would drill holes in the wood of the veranda, put poles through it and concrete them in the ground; but the gap underneath isn't even a meter so digging a hole is a mission...
Before we got our house I rented a place and I had six fish tanks which was great because any trouble makers you just relocate. I also had a hospital tank for sick fish. I've downsized now to two tanks the other one is small with two angel fish and one flying fox in it.
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:23 am

I just looked up barramundi and what a fish! :shock: Do people think of it over there like they think of the muskelunge over here?
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
Cesious Fox

Postby Cesious Fox » Wed Feb 11, 2009 2:42 pm

Just wondering if there could be sharks as pets. I had a neighbor who had a little shark in his aquarium, I think it was a dogfish.
I've heard of a barramundi, I was watching Jungle Jack, and he was in Australia (somewhere) with a fisherman. He was catching a bunch of these fish, and later letting them go.

Return to “Fish and Aquaria - Aquatic inverts”