PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Blind

Fresh, Salt, & Pond fish. Aquatic inverts, jelly fish, shrimp, octopus, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

BB

Blind

Postby BB » Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:23 pm

One of my blue acaras went blind a while ago. (of course it had to be the male, so no more fry)
I hand-feed him since, varying from flakes to floating pellets to frozen shrimp or bloodworm. I guess it is a variety, but I have the feeling it is not enough. As he is totally relying on me to be fed, I'd like to give him better then normal.
But somehow I just cannot find that special food in the pet/aquarium store. I just bought floating "soft sticks-variety blend" (a little longer then pellets) but on the packet they recommend it for Koi and Goldfish.
I'm just unsure if Goldfish food isn't as nutritious, as you can buy cichlid staple (but it is just to small to feed him successfully, and it is not that popular with the other acaras) or is it all the same and just a big scam for more money?
The analysis at the back varies slightly, I'm just not 100% if I'm doing the right thing...
Fish-people please help!
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:30 pm

Can you get silkworm pupae pellets? They are a nutritious food often used for coy.

I've ground them to powder and mixed them in Pua's food before.

Acaras are omnivores so a variety is good and omnivores tend to be more lenient in their nutritional needs long as it tends to balance out over time.
BB

Postby BB » Sat Feb 06, 2010 7:51 pm

Thanks for the quick reply. I'll go and have a look today if I can get it.
As long as I can hold it between my thumb and index finger, and it sticks out a little he'll take it. It is a bit hit and miss, he knows when I'm around so I believe he can make out the "shadow" of my hand but I have to make sure to get his mouth.
That's why I'd like to make sure he has enough "good food" as he cannot see the food floating around.

Return to “Fish and Aquaria - Aquatic inverts”