PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

New fishtank

Fresh, Salt, & Pond fish. Aquatic inverts, jelly fish, shrimp, octopus, etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

BB

New fishtank

Postby BB » Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:12 am

I was on the lookout for a new fishtank for my blue acaras as they seem to big for the 4 ft tank they were in. Well, last week there was a 6ft x 2 ft x 2ft tank in the paper. Exactly on the day I was invited to go sailing and didn't have my phone on me!! Well, long story short, I managed to get the number from the buyer and he so kindly told me I can have it as it wasn't the correct measurement he was after. Well, I had to have it!!! It is beautiful and large, 10mm glass and came with pretty much everything. Funny enough only at home I realized it was only 5ft, but nevertheless it is big enough.
After one day moving fishtanks, my fish are finally happy in their new home.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
baldwin6802

Re: New fishtank

Postby baldwin6802 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:46 pm

Very nice. Congrats!
- Gary
BB

Postby BB » Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:33 pm

Thank you! They actually laid eggs the other day!

(BTW, I cannot find any bird photos :roll: and all the Corellas moved on, finally!)
ruscithil

Postby ruscithil » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:14 pm

That's a nice-looking tank! If I were a fish, I am sure I would love it in there, too.
"The truth about stories is that that's all we are." - Thomas King
BB

Postby BB » Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:54 pm

Thanks! I actually have to redo the shade cloth around it as the algae grow is a little wild. And the fish liked a little too much and started fighting for the best egg laying spot, most of them had sore mouth :roll: I gave it a few water changes and put quite a bit of rock-salt in it, they seem a bit better now.
ruscithil

Postby ruscithil » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:40 pm

Oh! Well, I hope they will stop fighting and recover soon!
Algae are a niusance, eh? We bought a special kind of snails to eat them. It's working alright so far, but your fish look like the kind who would have snails for breakfast :)
BB

Postby BB » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:55 pm

I never had luck with algae eating snail or fish - well they work to a degree but never really eat at a rate that it keeps it clean.
you are right, it is pretty hard now to put anything like that in there, it will be seen as prey. :roll:
The rest of the fish co-existing in that tank are cat fish.
There are those algae stones you can buy, I've used them before and they do a wonderful job, but I wanted to try them on my other tank and some guy in the fish shop told me if I've got loaches I shouldn't use the stone. Couldn't explain why, but now I'm thinking if it harms loaches, my caties have similar skin, would it harm them? I did have one of my upside down catfish die, he had like airbubbles under the skin - it looked horrid. but now I don't know if it was from the algae stone or not???
ruscithil

Postby ruscithil » Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:07 pm

Oh... I don't even know what an algae stone is.
But from what you decribe - I wouldn't take the risk.

Return to “Fish and Aquaria - Aquatic inverts”