Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

How to mark an insect?

Tarantulas, Land Crabs, Insects, Scorpions, snails etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

How to mark an insect?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Mon Nov 27, 2017 8:05 pm

I know they will eventually shed any marking due to exoskeleton but is there some way to safely mark an insect, like a roach, for identification. In theory I could just watch for shedding and reapply. Kinda thinking a drop of nail polish, but not sure if safe.

So I put the roaches in the freezer too late one night and took them out too soon. They seemed immobile but the next day one was eaten by Pua, one was hiding under the place mat and the third was missing till I opened up a finished load of laundry and found her clinging to the blanket in there alive!

So she survived freezing, anteater attack, and an hour and a half in the washing machine with hot water and soap. I figured after all of that she deserves to live.

Right now she has been living in a container with some younger counter parts so I know which is her. One option is to toss her back in the tank once an adult since I don't feed adult females but I'm considering actual pet status in a little tank(I'll need to get one) but she and her current friends will grow up and I'd want to know which one is her. They're communal so I'd not want to keep her alone. I suppose I could keep changing out her companions for younger ones. No way to know if they actually bond to each other though. I know reptiles don't but what do we actually know about insects, lol. So might be potentially mean to keep taking them away. So marking her could be an option once she reaches adulthood.

Return to “Invertebrates - insects, spiders, slugs, etc.”