PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Honey Bees on my back porch, eating Cheerios!

Tarantulas, Land Crabs, Insects, Scorpions, snails etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Juska

Honey Bees on my back porch, eating Cheerios!

Postby Juska » Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:24 pm

I shot this video earlier this afternoon. I went outside with the dogs and discovered a whole bunch of them in our makeshift bird feeder, enjoying the Cheerios I had put out for the birds. What makes it even better is that today is Lammas/Lughnasadh (First Harvest Festival) for Pagans and other religions.

First Harvest Bees

I really love bees and it hurts my heart to know that they're dying off in such great numbers. I was happy to see so many in one place.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Honey Bees on my back porch, eating Cheerios!

Postby pat » Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:22 pm

I am not too keen about bees. but, if they don't bite me, I don't mind.

now that you mentioned, I haven't seen a lot of bees lately.

does the cherios have sugar in it? I could be wrong, but, I thought sweets attract bees?
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:11 pm

They're regular Cheerios that got a little too stale for us. Cheerios have about 1g of sugar per cup, so barely any, but it's probably more appealing than the seeds that are in there too. Bees are known to hover around
"people food", I've seen them do it before. They like to climb into open soda cans!
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Fri Jun 10, 2016 12:16 am

I know this topic is like super old, but that's so awesome. ^^ I love bees too. I have a soft spot for the ones that have the fuzzy butts. Lol. XD Not sure what kind of bees those are that are the fuzzy ones though. If I ever got my own place, I think it would be fun to either do bee-keeping or at the very least, have one of those special bee gardens that people make just to attract bees. Not entirely related, but maybe even also have the garden type thing to attract hummingbirds as well.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule

Return to “Invertebrates - insects, spiders, slugs, etc.”