PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Blue Tiger Centipedes

Tarantulas, Land Crabs, Insects, Scorpions, snails etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Peacefulward

Blue Tiger Centipedes

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:12 pm

I recently saw some blue tiger centipedes for sale, and was interested in them. However, I can't find any info or care sheets for them online.
I've never owned a centipede before, but I hear they're aggressive (so care needs to be taken, and no handling) and that all larger species are venomous to some degree. And since I can't find out how venomous the blue tiger centipede is, I'm a bit wary to be interested in them...

Does anyone here know about them?
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blue Tiger Centipedes

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:31 pm

It's just a color morph of regular tiger which you should be able to find some info on. Claims about like a bee sting, but of course personal reactions can vary.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Blue Tiger Centipedes

Postby Ash » Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:16 pm

We had a centipede at work that bit a coworker and he had to go to the ER--turned out he was okay, but he needed to be on pain medication since I guess it hurt super bad. Not sure if these centipedes are the same, but the general rule "look don't touch" likely still applies. They're really neat-looking, though I admit they kind of give me the creeps with all those legs.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, salamander, 3 tarantulas

Return to “Invertebrates - insects, spiders, slugs, etc.”