PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Beautiful Spiders

Tarantulas, Land Crabs, Insects, Scorpions, snails etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

ShyVulpine

Beautiful Spiders

Postby ShyVulpine » Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:41 pm

Look at these guys!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pets : tarantulas (6), Chinese water dragon, border collie/mix and a miniature doberman, 3 blue-and-gold macaws and a ringneck parakeet.
Future Goal : Collecting more tarantulas.
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:38 am

Awww they are cute :D . Very pretty too.
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
malane3

Postby malane3 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:19 am

How beautiful! :) I love spiders. I wish there was a good way to keep them as pets. I've often thought about it. We have this huge gorgeous black and yellow spider in our area. I've often thought about keeping one of them in a very secure aquarium. :)
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:29 am

I used to have a rose hair tarantula, that I loved very much. My cousin used to have a very pretty black, yellow and white striped garden spider. He had her for about four months before he let her go again.
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
BB

Postby BB » Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:11 am

A few days ago I was about to feed my fish as I do every morning but all the fish food got stuck midair! :shock:
I then realized this spider made numerous webs all different angles over my fish pond! Yesterday it even caught a dragon fly.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cesious Fox

Postby Cesious Fox » Fri Feb 20, 2009 9:31 am

The promblem is, that I got too many spiders. From days I come across some beautiful spiders, sometimes I would almost get caught in their web at night (man, are they fast at making webs). I got banana, and crab spiders, just wish we had some more variety.

P.S. - I like your second photo, of your pond spider BB; really good ^_^
BB

Postby BB » Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:49 am

I might sound silly here but where are your spiders? Are they purchased pets just roaming around in your house ? Or are you talking about native spiders which are around your house naturally?
Cesious Fox

Postby Cesious Fox » Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:20 am

I would go insane if I owned them, there all natives outside my house. We have a real problem with the spiders in our back porch, they keep coming back. Making their homes in our window sill, even in our house :roll:
BB

Postby BB » Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:59 pm

:D :D
Yes, I know what you mean...There was a real big one on our veranda last week,probably the same species of spider in the photo, and I seen it in the last minute and ducked underneath it but my partner walked straight into it :frog:
We also got spiders inside called "Daddy Longlegs" apparently one of the most poisonous spiders, but it's mouth is so tiny it wouldn't be able to penetrate human skin.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:10 am

There is a male and a female spider in your pond photos. They are planning to make babies.
BB

Postby BB » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:48 am

Lovely! :roll:
I've noticed the little spider on the other side of the net, you are probably right it is the male.
But recently another species of spider moved in and actually attached its net to the existing one from the other spider :shock:

Return to “Invertebrates - insects, spiders, slugs, etc.”