ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Lizard Treat

Tarantulas, Land Crabs, Insects, Scorpions, snails etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

ShyVulpine

Lizard Treat

Postby ShyVulpine » Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:34 pm

Well, it's that time of year when my green thumb goes to work ----- and gets blisters. Owie!! It took a ton of digging.

I started a new garden last Sunday (the 15th) and it's much bigger than I expected it would be. I ran out of room for our six-pack of lettuce and my mom still wants to get eggplant and I'd like to get some melon plants! :lol:

I planted all the baby plants in dirt hills to keep the roots from getting all soggy but the digging and hunting for pesky snails was the most work. The beer traps worked some (put little containers of beer around the plants) but sometimes just finding the snails asleep, squashing or feeding them to the water dragon were a lot more effective.

I found a weird bug I think is a white grub of a chafer beetle while digging. When I put it into Godzilla's (water dragon) cage, you'd swear he couldn't get to it fast enough! Loves the grubs---- and disgusts my mom. Hehe! My guy likes all his food fat and squirmy!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Pets : tarantulas (6), Chinese water dragon, border collie/mix and a miniature doberman, 3 blue-and-gold macaws and a ringneck parakeet.
Future Goal : Collecting more tarantulas.
BB

Postby BB » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:03 am

Hi,
Here in Australia there is a similar white grub, just bigger, called Witchetty grub and it's classed as bush tucker (aboriginal food)
I haven't tried it yet and when I find one I bury it again. :mrgreen:
We have a frilled neck lizard running around in the garden he'd love it.
you should have posted a photo of your garden, I love gardening too!
In the next month I start planting my tomatoes, I plant them in conjunction with marigolds which supposed to keep bugs and pests away.
Good luck with yours!
BB

Postby BB » Sun Mar 23, 2008 12:39 am

Guess what, just after I finished on the computer and walked outside the frillneck was in the garden and I managed to take a picture.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShyVulpine

Postby ShyVulpine » Sun Mar 23, 2008 10:49 pm

BB wrote:Guess what, just after I finished on the computer and walked outside the frillneck was in the garden and I managed to take a picture.

Wow. What a gorgeous fellow. I have pictures of the garden plants in the Pictures discussions board under Misc. Didn't know where to post about plants... :?

You should see the Columbine flower.
Pets : tarantulas (6), Chinese water dragon, border collie/mix and a miniature doberman, 3 blue-and-gold macaws and a ringneck parakeet.

Future Goal : Collecting more tarantulas.

suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:40 am

My geckos like the grubs I pull out of the garden too. I cant start mine for another month and a half (at least) :roll:
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits

Return to “Invertebrates - insects, spiders, slugs, etc.”