ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Too many stick insects!!!

Tarantulas, Land Crabs, Insects, Scorpions, snails etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

jerboaguy

Too many stick insects!!!

Postby jerboaguy » Sun Jan 25, 2009 2:41 pm

I have been trying my luck raising stick insects for a few years now I've tried several kinds and never really had luck hatching the eggs. The adults would lay not long before they die, good news is they dry out really easy and look pretty cool in a shadow box. Last March I got 10 from a pet store here in Des Moines, well my bad luck changed with this new species. They all are female and will lay eggs without a male they really clone themselves.
My 10 girls have resulted in over 200 offspring a little green or red leaf lettuce to eat and a couple of sprays of dechlorinated water and a temp over 65 and and there's no stopping them. I 've given away a few to friends and those that die I dry out and put in shadow boxes and make a little extra cash from selling them along with my fossils, ancient artifacts, skulls and dead things in jars around here at some of the local art/craft shows. A good pet for anyone into bugs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BB

Postby BB » Sun Jan 25, 2009 6:14 pm

Wow, you definitely got a handful there!
Sometimes I come across those really pretty green ones with yellow stripes on their body and pink wings, and they are about a foot long and as thick as your finger.
I found a dead one once but I must have used the wrong liquid to preserve and all the color disappeared.
malane3

Postby malane3 » Wed Feb 11, 2009 4:23 am

I'd be interested. They look very similar to the ones we have around here. What are you asking for them? Send me a PM if you're still looking to get rid of some. :)
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:27 am

I would also be interested. Will you ship?
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
jerboaguy

Postby jerboaguy » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:17 pm

sorry for the slow ok very slow reply. I do still have sticks in a range of sizes. I'm not sure how to ship I've never done it. I have had animals shipped to me using the postal service and it went well. If anyone is interested let me know again and I promise to reply quickly and in the meantime I'll try to find out how ship live insects using the mail.
twinwillows1215

Postby twinwillows1215 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 12:20 am

I might be interested as well. I used to keep mantids and they were fascinating. These look very similar but, without the hassle of live food. Let me know if you have any for sale.
malane3

Postby malane3 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:54 am

Sent you a PM.

Return to “Invertebrates - insects, spiders, slugs, etc.”