PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Strange white hissing cockroach! Pics.

Tarantulas, Land Crabs, Insects, Scorpions, snails etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

Postby dinnka » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:29 pm

OH H*** NO !! now I am a pretty tough chick, I can hold my own pretty darn well but spider !!!! ( any bug for that matter but def a spider ) I turn into a girly girl..we had a trantuala at the park when I worked there.. I named him "squish" because if he ever got out I swore I would not try to catch him, he would be squished..give me a 18 ft python any day.. tell me to catch a huge alligator by myself..tell me to touch a bug and i will knock you out..lol... its not only bugs, I dont do the ocean either..lol love to look at it, wont go in it
15 fox, 1 bobcat, 1 kinkajou, 2 birds, 3 cats, 9 dogs, 1 ringtailed lemur, 1 pig, numerous chickens, 3 geckos
3 kids (all boys) 1 grandson
visit us on facebook @
https://www.facebook.com/wildadventuresfoxden
Cesious Fox

Postby Cesious Fox » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:39 pm

OMG, WHAT!? :lol: Your thalassophobic, that's a first.
dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

Postby dinnka » Fri Feb 13, 2009 5:47 pm

WOW i had to look that word up.. I am inpressed..lol
I am not afraid of water.. I love water and swimming.. put me in the middle of a LAKE and I will jump right in.. but yes I fear the ocean.. not the water part of it.. the "HUGE THINGS THAT CAN EAT ME AND I CANT SEE THEM " part of it..lol
if something is going to eat me or remove a limb I want to be able to see it coming and have at least 1 % chance of running to safety.. in the ocean you are pretty much screwed and cant see it coming..lol
15 fox, 1 bobcat, 1 kinkajou, 2 birds, 3 cats, 9 dogs, 1 ringtailed lemur, 1 pig, numerous chickens, 3 geckos
visit us on facebook @
Cesious Fox

Postby Cesious Fox » Fri Feb 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Thalassophobia doesn't really mean afraid of water, just sea's and oceans. And yeah, I know what you mean. hell, no one wants to be stuck in the middle of the ocean, plus you'll end up drowning sooner or later, but I hear it's not that bad ;)
malane3

Postby malane3 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:45 pm

Cesious Fox wrote:hell, no one wants to be stuck in the middle of the ocean, plus you'll end up drowning sooner or later, but I hear it's not that bad ;)

The drowning part? :shock: Don't wanna find out! I love the ocean. Just don't like jellyfish. I could see being afraid of going into the deep ocean. If I ever did that I'd want scuba gear that way I could see what's coming. ;) Bugs aren't that bad, Mandy. You just have to conquer your fear with a cool bug. ;) My grandma's terrified of them too but my grandpa is fascinated by them like me. He wanted to see the roaches so we brought them over. After we had them out for awhile she actually touched one! None of us could believe she did it. She denied it of course and still does. We all saw it though! :lol:
If we end up that way again we'll bring a couple hissers for you to check out. ;)
Cesious Fox

Postby Cesious Fox » Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:14 pm

As a kid, I used to live in an apartment complex, that looked like pueblos :lol: And I remember there being a bunch of dragonflies all over the place. They would fly on me, and near me, it was like a dragonfly paradise. I used to consider myself, the dragonfly whisperer. Man, I miss those days :(
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:12 pm

I swam through a school of moon jellies. felt like hundreds of rubber bands being snapped at me all over!!!
dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

Postby dinnka » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:03 am

Nope.. I want no part of the ocean..lol.. hubby wants to go on a cruise someday but no thank you,. I have seen titanic.. and I dont want my ship to go down in no ocean where there are HUGE species that could swollow me up in a second..lol..if we can take a cruise around lake erie i am good with that..lol..we went to the ocean every yr when i was a kid for vaca.. i sat on the beach or swam in the hotel pool.. mom and dad would always stop in TN on our way back for a few days for me.. thats where I wanted to go.. the mountains

Layla.. no thank you I will pass on you bringing bugs here you and your other can come here anytime again.. but leave the crawlers at home ..hehe
visit us on facebook @
dinnka
Fox Breeder
Fox Breeder

Postby dinnka » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:04 am

Lasergrl wrote:I swam through a school of moon jellies. felt like hundreds of rubber bands being snapped at me all over!!!

OH HECK NO !!! I DONT DO TENTICLES EITHER.... :lol:
visit us on facebook @
Cesious Fox

Postby Cesious Fox » Sat Feb 14, 2009 12:20 am

dinnka wrote:mom and dad would always stop in TN on our way back for a few days for me.. thats where I wanted to go.. the mountains

I love Tennessee, my grandparents have a two-story house, sitting on a side of the mountain in Gray,TN. My family would go up there every summer, I loved it :mrgreen:
sidhimelkel

Postby sidhimelkel » Sat May 02, 2009 11:38 pm

lol. Wow. Alot of insect fears there Mandy. I dont mind insects, but my family fears them like no other. Some insects like bees, wasps, nats, and flies and so forth annoy me like no tomorrow. But grounded insects I tend to find more fond of.
We dont find out who we are through our animals, but rather we find out who we are from what we learn from them.
modernpets

Postby modernpets » Sun May 03, 2009 1:17 am

EEEEWWWW! I don't like bugs either. I'm okay with caterpillars, butterflies and earthworms...but anything else I hit the ground running. When I'm at work at night, I'll sometimes come accross HUGE wolf spiders, I can't kill them, nor can I imagine them remaining in the hospital, so I'll take a paper cup and put it over it, and post a sign for anyone in the morning who dares to take care of it.."there's a tarantula under here...do with it what you please"...LMAO!
Michelle
www.ohiomodernpets.com
10 Flying Squirrels, 1 Dilute Siberian Chipmunk, 2 Agouti Chipmunks 3 Short Tailed Opossums, 3 Spiny Mice, 6 Pygmy Mice, 2 Ferrets, 1 Hamster, 1 Parrotlet, 1 Bourke Parakeet, 3 Dogs, 3 Cats
Tracie

Postby Tracie » Sun May 03, 2009 8:51 am

I don't like spirder, cause I think they're going to turn into a clown. :lol:
Current Critters: 1 Ferret, 2 dogs, 1 cat, about 40 fish, and 2 rats. Future goal: A fox.
malane3

Postby malane3 » Sun May 03, 2009 1:48 pm

Lol. Hisser roaches are cool. They don't bite or stink. I don't like our wild roaches though. They creep me out, especially the wood roaches that get really big and can fly. :shock:
Most bugs don't bother me though. I don't like brown recluse spiders, mosquitos, fleas, ticks, gnats, those kinds of things. If a spider's not poisonous I'll throw it outside instead of killing it. :)
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Sun May 03, 2009 11:58 pm

Awww come on guys! I love bugs!
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits

Return to “Invertebrates - insects, spiders, slugs, etc.”