PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

slugs

Tarantulas, Land Crabs, Insects, Scorpions, snails etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

astargirl22

slugs

Postby astargirl22 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 12:17 am

im not sure where to post this, but i was wondering if anyone had any advice on how to keep slugs away from my house? they are even in barretts pen.... they are crawling on the outside of the house and on the porch and the other morning i found one in the sink... so what do u recommend i can do to keep them away? they are so stinking nasty
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
Alynn

Re: slugs

Postby Alynn » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:31 am

What my neighbors did to keep the slugs out of their dog's food and water bowls, as well as their dog houses, was sprinkle salt around. Just regular table salt will do; sprinkle it all around the outside of the kennel. It won't hurt Barrett and hopefully it will stop the slugs.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 1:59 am

thank you thank you! :mrgreen:
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
amyers

Postby amyers » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:05 am

A lot of organic gardeners leave dishes of beer around, but I wouldn't leave it in Barrett's pen though lol.
Proud mom to 11 domestic cats, 3 dogs, 2 bobcats, 3 servals, 2 cougars, 1 Siberian lynx, 1 squirrel, and counting!
BB

Postby BB » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:11 am

Yep, I'd suggest beer too. They love it!
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:34 pm

i want to either kill or keep the slugs away... will the beer attract them?
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:26 pm

Spread diatomacuous earth around liberally (it has to be dry out, not right after rain). It acts the way salt does but its cheaper and with the added benefit of keeping other insects away.
Its probably all this rains fault. We have an infestation of drain flies and fungus flies right now. Its just awful. they are so tiny they fly right through the screen like its not there. I keep breathing them in and getting them in my eyes! Its been dry for a couple days so starting to go away.
BB

Postby BB » Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:10 pm

The beer will attract them, but they go in the cup or bowl and drown. We used to use tall cups and bury them slightly in the ground. the next morning you just tip out the beer and the cup is full of dead slugs.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Mon Jun 13, 2011 9:43 pm

yea i have the earth stuff... mandy told me about it.... i think tomorrow i will actually try both things the earth and the beer... im actually excited to try this...

thanks again guys for the info :piggy: :piggy:

Return to “Invertebrates - insects, spiders, slugs, etc.”