Both messages are from me, I just thought I would share the ebates with everyone. been wanting to that awhile ago, but, just never got to it.
If you look at the link, you will see sybil's name on it.
Even though I might not post as much as I would like to, but, I do check this board a couple or more times a day.
The ebates is FREE, no money out of your pocket, only in your pocket. I have been using ebates for a long time, it is easy to use once you register. in fact, anytime you shop online, you will get a drop down message from ebates.
Trust me, it is NOT any type of scam.

Get money back when shopping online and at many stores from Ebates.............. most stores have different percentage rates back. (they usually deposit it in Paypal account.
if you did not sign up yet, please use the link below: (you will get an instant 10.00 for signing up. but, please use the link belowe.

https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

===================================================================================================
NOTICE THIS BOARD WILL BE DOWN FOR A LITTLE WHILE. NOT SURE WHEN. I NEED TO DO UPDATES ON IT. I WILL GIVE EVERYONE AMPLE TIME WHEN THIS WILL HAPPEN.

"Pug" Horses? Seahorses with legs?

Zebra, Horse, Onager , Donkey, Kiang, Quagga Anything in this family

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

"Pug" Horses? Seahorses with legs?

Postby TamanduaGirl » Tue Oct 10, 2017 9:44 pm

What is this? Looks like the stuff on nightmares. Poor deformed thing. An extreme Arabian apparently.

http://orrionfarms.com/news-blog/the-wo ... magnum-rcf
Peacefulward

Re: "Pug" Horses? Seahorses with legs?

Postby Peacefulward » Wed Oct 11, 2017 2:19 pm

I've heard of those extreme arabians, it's horrible... Please, please, PLEASE do not start purposely breeding deformed horses now. :(
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
vulpini

Postby vulpini » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:44 pm

As much as I disagree with this practice and find their appearance distasteful, I have also heard that many of the "halter" type Arabian pictures are heavily photoshopped to make their faces look more dished (I also think the flared nostrils make it look more dished as well). Also, the skull shape apparently has no affect on their breathing/nasal passages. Even though I think the halter Arabians are poorly conformed (completely flat croup and super fine bone--blegh!), I don't think their welfare is compromised by their appearances. Their behavior in the halter classes, on the other hand....
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:48 pm

The link has video of him, still looks really grossly extreme. Maybe he wont look quite as bad as an adult.

I hadn't heard of them before. This was pretty shocking to see then was even more shocked to see the owner was announcing it like something wonderful. Would imagine they would have dental problems at least and found someone claiming this is so.

I've heard stories about breathing problems, but never seen it in person, I have however been told by certified equine dentists that they have dealt with extreme headed arabs that have teeth problems in the back of the jaw due to overcrowding of the teeth - that their faces aren't big enough to accomadate the molars properly.

I guess some think that's attractive or they'd not be breeding them but looks awful to me and it's cruel if it's going to lead to dental problems, which is a big deal in a horse.
vulpini

Postby vulpini » Wed Oct 11, 2017 7:45 pm

Wow, the side angle does give a better perspective on it. Yikes.... Reminds me of those domed-headed, poorly-bred Pomeranians icon_confused.gif
I think that its face is clipped and it has Face-Glo (enhancing clear glossy substance) on to exaggerate the dish, but still.....eeg

Yes--the halter Arabian people glorify the extreme dish and breed for it. This horse's face would be considered a crowning achievement for the breeders. I would love to see a skull of one of these horses, to see if or how it affects their teeth. I think that not having any of these skulls around to look at is one of the problems people are having in proving that the dish either is or is not harmful to the horse. I also think (hope :shock: ) it will get a little less severe as it grows up and the head elongates.
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Oct 11, 2017 9:10 pm

I thought the face looked weird, oddly dark in spots and slick looking, that makes sense.

Yeah seeing a skull would be interesting. If they really don't have any more problems then a regular horse then there's nothing wrong with it, but we don't have any info really. I tend to think this kind of change could cause dental issues though.

When I first saw it, I though it was going to come with some story about how he was born deformed but they saved him, but no, it was done on purpose.

Return to “Equines - HORSES, DONKEYS, ZEBRAS”