PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Favorite horses?

Zebra, Horse, Onager , Donkey, Kiang, Quagga Anything in this family

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

Realtree1

Favorite horses?

Postby Realtree1 » Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Just curious what are your favorite horse breed(s)?
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Favorite horses?

Postby Ash » Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:48 pm

I don't know much about horses, but my favorite are the friesians (spelling?). I've just seen pictures of them.
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Wed Nov 14, 2012 9:29 pm

Gypsy vanner
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:02 am

I don't know much about horses either,but I think the horses with those frilly/puffy hooves are really pretty. Not Clades-dales as I know they have poofy wolves too, though those are nice too,but it's a different breed. Someone on deviantart has photos of a white one up.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 6:00 am

^your talking about feathering. There are multiple breeds with it. Clydsedales, friesians, shires, gypsy vanners,are some just to name a few. Most of them are all draft breeds that have it, and yes I think it does look really cool on them.

I guess I'll also make my list while im at it. My top favorite is quarter horses hands down. My second would probably be curly horses, and my third would be belgians. I also really love mules and donkeys too though but those aren't really "horses" technically.
Nicophorus

Postby Nicophorus » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:52 am

I like appoloosa? The spotted ones.
Juska

Postby Juska » Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:54 pm

Here are some of my favorites. My mom is crazy about horses, so I'm pretty much predisposed to be too :)

Andalusian (aka Spanish Horse), they're the ones often depicted in Medieval Times. So they're typically the ones portrayed in artwork/movies/books about the time. They're also typically the base used when depicting Unicorns ;)

Arabians are also another favorite of mine, just because they're so different looking and beautiful. My mother has a painting in her room of a black Arabian horse being led through ocean waves cresting on a beach. It's amazing to look at. I'll have to post a picture of it.

I do like Gypsy Vanners, they're probably the only draft horse I really like. I specifically like black and white piebald ones.

Mustangs are amazing too, they come in so many colors. Seeing herds of them running on the plains is a spectacular sight, though it's not as common now.

The only pony on my list is the Fjord, because I love their mohawks!

My favorite colors are Black, Black-Blue Roan, Buckskin, Dapple Gray, White-Gray and Palomino.
Pet parent of Emo the border collie mix, Conte the schnoodle and Namira the harlequin cat!
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm

Fjord is my favorite but I do ahve one :) They really are not ponies, they are just "small horses" they dont have pony temperment at all.
I preffer most of the primitive breeds, icelandics, dales ponies. The temperments are still nice and they are healthy things.
Basically anything with a personality, is an easy keeper, and isnt a hot head, I like. I do preffer the stocky horses.
Vanners are terribly overpriced. Over in europe they are very cheap and considered peasant horses! At least thats what they say.
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:33 pm

Gypsies are also more of a draft poney than a draft horse.
I like mustangs too i wasnt exactly sure if I'd call them a "breed" though so thts why I didn't list them. My favorite colors are dun variations with grulla being top.
I like the quarters because over there versatility. The same horse I can rope, cut, and rein on i can also trail ride and teach lessons on. They really are awesome.
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:34 pm

Gypsies are also more of a draft poney than a draft horse.
I like mustangs too i wasnt exactly sure if I'd call them a "breed" though so thts why I didn't list them. My favorite colors are dun variations with grulla being top.
I like the quarters because over there versatility. The same horse I can rope, cut, and rein on i can also trail ride and teach lessons on. They really are awesome.
caninesrock

Postby caninesrock » Thu Nov 15, 2012 11:32 pm

I found the horse I was talking about. I still don't know what kind it is though:
http://lrg-photography.deviantart.com/a ... -150426365

I also like the wild mustangs like the ones in the Dreamworks movie Spirit:Stallion of the Cimmaron.

And I think Paint Horses are really pretty too. I love animals with splotches and uneven splashes of color type patterns like piebalds, merles on dogs(especially blue merle),tortoiseshell on cats,etc.
Exotic Wishlist: high content wolfdog or wolf,low to mid content wolfdog, Coyote, Coydog, Black-backed Jackal, New Guinea Singing Dog, Red Fox, Gray Fox, Mink, Raccoon, Coati,and Kinkajou.

Domestic Wishlist: dogs, cats, ferrets, donkey, mule
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:18 am

That white horse is a gypsy horse. They come in all colors, its just paints tend to be most common.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Favorite horses?

Postby sarajeku » Fri Nov 16, 2012 1:41 am

Realtree1 what makes the gypsy a draft pony over a draft horse? What's the difference?
I know nothing about horses other than basic jargon so I can keep up with my friends who work at the KY horse park,

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Realtree1

Postby Realtree1 » Fri Nov 16, 2012 7:11 am

They are quite a bit smaller. Gypsies are about the size of a quarter horse but they are a lot bigger built but they still dont come near the size of say clydesdales, shires, percherons, belgians etc. Most draft horses average between 16-18 hands, wheres draft ponies are about 14-16 hands. However, gypies dont have a height limit on them so they have the possibility to hit draft horse size but the large majority don't.
sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Favorite horses?

Postby sarajeku » Fri Nov 16, 2012 8:22 am

Ohh I'll take a draft pony any day then. I'm short and there's no way I can climb on something 18 hands high. hehe

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to “Equines - HORSES, DONKEYS, ZEBRAS”