ALERT:. PLEASE BE CAREFUL IF SOMEONE CALLS YOU AND CLAIMS TO BE FROM IRS, ELECTRIC COMPANY OR WHATEVER THEIR REASON MIGHT BE. LOOK AT THIS LINK FOR MORE INFORMATION:
viewtopic.php?f=13&t=14621

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041
with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.

Got my new horse today

Zebra, Horse, Onager , Donkey, Kiang, Quagga Anything in this family

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

suki'smom

Got my new horse today

Postby suki'smom » Sat Mar 21, 2009 10:44 pm

Well I went and got Crystal today. I felt kinda like I wasn't good enough though because the place that she came from was really fancy and had just miles of wooden fencing. She was a little hard to load but that's because she hasn't even been in a trailer in five years. It took about 20 minutes to get her out of the trailer too.
I had Rusty tied to a tree in the front of his paddock and I let Crystal around for about 45 minutes and let her eat the lawn some. She is very gentle and easy to handle even when she is excited, though she isn't very good with the placement of her feet (she stepped on my foot twice). I then led her around the paddock a few time so she knew where the fence was and just let her go.
Unknown to me Rusty had somehow got my quick-release knot undone and came cantering towards Crystal. She set him straight right quick with a squeal and a double kick to the chest. He came to the fence just long enough for me to unclip the lead. Then she proceeded to chase him around the pasture for an hour and a half. I threw them some hay and they began eating at opposite side of the paddock. Every few minutes she chases him around some more just to be sure that he knows that she is still the leader and when she says move she means it. Even now, about four hours after her arrival she still gets up and chases him but at less frequent intervals (much to Rusty's pleasure. He hasn't been worked this hard in a long time :D ). I'm sure she will settle down soon and give him less hell as long as he respects her. I think I will let her settle in for about a week before I see how she handles under saddle, I'm sure she'll be sore tomorrow from chasing Rusty around so much (she has mild Navicular Disease in her front hooves). I will post pics monday when I can get to a computer (right now I am on a Blackberry). I am so happy that I was finally able to bring her home (I'm sure Rusty is too though he won't admit it just yet :D ).
-mariah
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:29 pm

how exciting!!!!! how old is crystal? are u gonna breed rusy and crystal?
congrats!!! and enjoy :bear
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:28 am

Crystal is 22 years old (I believe she is a quarab but I'm not sure) she is much to old to be bred and Rusty is a gelding (altered male horse) any way :D. They have both settled down quite nicely this morning, she only chased him when he tried to sneak a bite of her breakfast. She is a little shy of me but once she gets to know me I'm sure she will become friendly (Rusty is like a big dog). I was up and down all night checking on them so I am a bit tired this morning but alas there is work to be done :)
~Mariah~
Tracie

Postby Tracie » Sun Mar 22, 2009 1:45 pm

Yay!!! :bear
Current Critters: 1 Ferret, 2 dogs, 1 cat, about 40 fish, and 2 rats. Future goal: A fox.
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Mon Mar 23, 2009 9:05 am

Here she is!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
~Mariah~
Tracie

Postby Tracie » Mon Mar 23, 2009 12:19 pm

She's beautiful. :D
Current Critters: 1 Ferret, 2 dogs, 1 cat, about 40 fish, and 2 rats. Future goal: A fox.

Return to “Equines - HORSES, DONKEYS, ZEBRAS”