PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

what can i do to help?

Zebra, Horse, Onager , Donkey, Kiang, Quagga Anything in this family

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

astargirl22

what can i do to help?

Postby astargirl22 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:27 pm

ok so i have a problem and i would like some suggestions. on of the people who lives on my road has these two huge pure white horses. they are very pretty. well teh problem i have is the guy who owns them does not supply them with any food and rarely has water out for them. matter a fact, during the winter when it was real cold, they had a very small bowl of water out but it was frozen. so me and my other neighbor took turns taking them water bc the guy was never home. the horses keep getting out and are always in the road. now its not a busy road we are in the country but about a mile away is a main road where they could wonder and get hit. the horese are usually gone for a few days untill one of the other people on the road puts them back in the fence. the one is very nice and u can guide it but the other one is kinda shy but it will follow the other one. i feel sooo bad for these horese bc you can see their ribs and back by their thigh is all sunkin in. (remind u i know nothing about horses) so i dont know what that area is called. they have a tiny area to paster and it is all full with their poop so the grass they eat, they have to eat around the poop. then he dug this huge hole and i believe it was his way to solve the water problem. but its just a hole of stagnic water no type of flow or anything. i dont know what to do or how to help these poor horses. the one neighbor call the humane socity but they kinda blew it off. what can i do?????
if you give me a day or so, i will try to get some pics to post so u guys can see what im talking about, but i have to wait untill hes not home. the horses are very pretty when they are clean but they were loose the past few days and are all nasty and dirty.
i was just hoping to get some help bc i dont know what i can do to help these poor animals
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:47 pm

i found a pic that is simular to what the horses look like i believe the horses are percheron.
~PROUD PARENT OF A SPOILED LITTLE SWIFT FOX NAMED BELLA AND A HANDSOME CHILL MARBLE FOX NAMED BARRETT~
Lasergrl

Postby Lasergrl » Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:54 pm

I will wait for pics before I descide.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:17 pm

ok well like i said ull have to give me a day or so bc i have to make sure he is not home while i take the pics.
zillahkatz

Postby zillahkatz » Sat Apr 04, 2009 11:54 am

Call the local SPCA. The rules vary from state to state, but in some places people will be fined, etc, for neglect. Also, find out if your state is a "fence out state". If it is - if live stock breaks out it is your responsibilty to keep them out of your yard, farm whatever. If it isn't, then the owner can be held liable.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:45 pm

well i havent left the horses, i have been trying to get a pic but the horses have been out now for 3 days havent seen them, their so called owner hasent been around either. as soon as i get a pic, ill post it.
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:38 pm

so... my boyfriend and i were out in the four wheelers this eveing and ran across the carcas of one of the neighbors white horses, i dont know where the other one is at. i called the humane society 2 days ago bc both horses where back in the neighbors yard and was looking skinnier than ever and it was snowing/raining and he had it blocked off where the horses could not get in the barn and there was no food. the lady said that she thought the horses were within a healthy weight and she felt i was being a nosey neighbor. i told her my concerns still and she said well im sorry you dont trust my judgement, when u work in the field for 12 years and gain experience to call her back. needless to say, i didnt handle myself too maturely and let loose on her. i then called the sherriff and he said that he would come check out the horses. well by the time he got out here, they were out of the fence again. then today is when we found the one. its stomach area is all sunckin and their ribs were all visible u could count them one by one. so i called skank back at the humane society and told her about the dead body but didnt tell her who i was. i figured she'd put two and two together on who i was bc we are such a small county but her dumb ass didnt. i meant her at the neighbors and walked back with her where the horse was, when she first seen me and the location she had a look on her face and i knew she knew who i was. it was a quiet walk to the horse once we got there, i said now ur telling me this horse was healthy only 2 days ago when i called you and you "came to check"? i didnt gain 12 years experience over night so can u explain this too me? she said she didnt have to explain herself to me and we walked back out to the road. she left and didnt say a word too me. JERK!! the dead horse is still layin in the woods.
suki'smom

Postby suki'smom » Thu Apr 09, 2009 9:25 pm

What a b****!!! That is ridiculous! That poor horse had to suffer because some stupid braud was too lazy to get off her a** to come check on them. That is infuriating! I would find out who her superior is and explain exactly how unproffesional she was and that a horse died because of her. Grrr! I really hate people sometimes!
~Mariah~
http://mariahsexotics.weebly.com
Currently taking orders for 2012 silver fox kits
astargirl22

Postby astargirl22 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:24 pm

i know!!! stupid people suck!!!!!!! i sent an email to the president of the humane society a few hours ago. i talk to our sherriff of the county and he said that their is only the lady i went through and the other lady is her friend and she is the president so i probably wont get far. our county dont really care about these issues. carroll county a dog pound that holds like 10 dogs and the humane society is out of that bit@*es house. so i feel very defeted. most people are like who cares its a dumb horse but i feel really bad.
Trefoil

Postby Trefoil » Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:38 am

try the state police.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:58 am

what a horrible situation.
what a bitch at the humane society.
:twisted:

the state police is a good source to ask.
hopefully, they can direct you to someone that cares.

a few years ago, I seen a dog in a truck, with the windows up, with very little air. the day was hot, and the owner went in the resteratunt for dinner. I got mad when I seen that. so I called the state police, and they gave me a number to call. these people were at the resteratunt, found the owner in about 15 minutes. they took the dog from the owner right on the spot

I just get so upset when I hear of animals being abused or neglected.
I feel really bad for those horses, so sad one had to die because of this guys stupidity.
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den

Return to “Equines - HORSES, DONKEYS, ZEBRAS”