HAPPY AND SAFE HOLIDAYS TO ALL

PLEASE READ THIS REGARDING TOXIC DOG FOOd viewtopic.php?f=67&t=1463

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 (with the holidays coming up, the return percentage is higher.) FREE TO USE.
(PLEASE USE THE LINK ABOVE, YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

Revolution

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

Kwandrsn

Revolution

Postby Kwandrsn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:29 am

We just recently got our new baby red fox. She is about 7 weeks old. I'm curious about revolution to prevent fleas and ticks. My normal vet usually gives me revolution for all my animals but the vet isn't real sure about giving revolution for my fox. I use revolution for kittens on my hedgehog in very small doses. Revolution for dogs on my dog. I'm assuming need the one for dogs for my fox and use the same dosing as I would a dog?
Kevin Anderson
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Revolution

Postby TamanduaGirl » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:13 pm

It's the same stuff in both dog or cat revolution so just choose the right weight range. The kitten is actually kitten/puppy. I use it on my fennec and started right after getting him as a kit because he's allergic to fleas. He started on kitten and will be kitten his whole life due to his weight.
Kwandrsn

Postby Kwandrsn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:29 am

TamanduaGirl wrote:It's the same stuff in both dog or cat revolution so just choose the right weight range. The kitten is actually kitten/puppy. I use it on my fennec and started right after getting him as a kit because he's allergic to fleas. He started on kitten and will be kitten his whole life due to his weight.

Yeah so I took Piper our baby to the vet yesterday. Asked for revolution for kittens. Mind you I have bought revolution for kittens for my hedgehog before for mites one kitten dose is 3 hedgie doses. The assistant didn't even realize I was holding a fox at first then tried to say can't give revolution to foxes due to the heartworm med part of it. I said that was wrong that it was safe. She goes in the back to ask the vet and I guess he says it's ok cause she comes back and asks me to put piper on the scale. Weighs her at 4lbs then proceeds to refuse to sell me revolution for kittens saying the package says not for anything under 5lbs. I try to argue that that is wrong because revolution for kittens is for anything under 2.5kg (roughly 5.5lbs) she still refused to sell me revolution. It's almost like as soon as she realized I was holding a fox she instantly got an attitude with me. I was pretty mad because i called first and then drove over an hour there and back for nothing. They just lost a customer and I had planned on getting revolution every month for piper and having her rabies done there as well as our two dogs and 11 puppies.
Kevin Anderson
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:41 pm

That sucks. If there's anyway to inform the vet himself I would. He needs to know how those he has hired are acting.
Kwandrsn

Postby Kwandrsn » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:48 pm

I sent a message via their website last night as well as left a review on Facebook so hopefully he will see it. When you call you get her so I haven't even tried to call them
Kevin Anderson

Return to “FOXES”