PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET.. https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041 FREE TO USE .. YOU WILL GET $25.00 TO START)

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
please check for dog food and treat recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14662

Got to play with Skitter again! :D

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

the_randomizer

Got to play with Skitter again! :D

Postby the_randomizer » Tue Jul 09, 2013 3:44 pm

Just got back from my intern work today and have a slew of new pictures of Skitter. I got to play with here once more in her pen and I found it to be very therapeutic. Lately, I've been going through some hellish anxiety and uncertainty what to do with my school situation, student loans, etc, you know, the crap that most college students go through :mrgreen: I won't bore you with the woes of a student, but I will post pictures of my latest outing icon-smile She kept trying to bite my arm off (play biting), licking my hands and arms, making a myriad of cute squeaking noises, I think I may need to see a doctor about the overdose in cuteness and pure affection. It was that awesome. What's even better is that I was pretty much doing this without supervision, now I'm really convinced that doing something like this could be a potential career or side-job in the near future.

Am I crazy for having the insatiable desire to want to interact with foxes more often? The more and more I interact with her and Tazzina, the more this insatiable desire grows. Granted, I'm most assuredly far from being qualified from ever owning exotic animals, but the fact I feel a strong bond of love and trust truly makes my internship all the more meaningful, it gives me purpose, being able to play with them. The fact she gets excited at seeing me means a lot to me as well. <3 <3

I have about 70 or so pictures of Skitter from this trip, but I'll pace it so I don't crash the servers from too much cute. :lol:

This is the first batch, more will come later

(if this is tantamount to spamming, please let me know. Not trying to) :icon-wink:
I really need to consolidate my animal picture threads better :red-face:
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Got to play with Skitter again! :D

Postby pat » Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:15 pm

wow, she sure is friendly. and of course pretty.

thank you for the pictures, her pen gave me some ideas.

do you know what is under the dirt? fence? cement?
Pat (Sybil and Benny's Mom)

http://sybilsden.com Sybils Den
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sun Jul 14, 2013 9:18 pm

pat wrote:wow, she sure is friendly. and of course pretty.

thank you for the pictures, her pen gave me some ideas.

do you know what is under the dirt? fence? cement?

I believe there's concrete a few feet or so underneath the dirt, so it's escape-proof. She really such a sweet little fox!
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:12 am

I kind of figured it was cement. which is really the best way to go, if someone can afford it.
it would be pretty expensive.

when I did my pen, I had to do it real quick cause the game officer was coming in a few days for inspection.
I would have liked to dig a little, then lay the chain link. however, the roof is pretty high, so, I guess I could get more dirt in there . the hard part is getting alot in there icon_confused.gif
wheel barrel won';t fit thru their door. :icon-frown:

what an opportunity for you interact with these animals. I would have a hard time, cause I would want to bring them all home :lol:

you should create a photogallary online to add all your pictures. you will then have them all together.
I am pretty sure photobucket will do this. also others, I never used any of them, so, I don't know much about them.

sarajeku
Assistant
Assistant

Postby sarajeku » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:24 am

This one is my favorite.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:53 am

pat wrote:I kind of figured it was cement. which is really the best way to go, if someone can afford it.
it would be pretty expensive.

when I did my pen, I had to do it real quick cause the game officer was coming in a few days for inspection.
I would have liked to dig a little, then lay the chain link. however, the roof is pretty high, so, I guess I could get more dirt in there . the hard part is getting alot in there icon_confused.gif
wheel barrel won';t fit thru their door. :icon-frown:

what an opportunity for you interact with these animals. I would have a hard time, cause I would want to bring them all home :lol:

you should create a photogallary online to add all your pictures. you will then have them all together.
I am pretty sure photobucket will do this. also others, I never used any of them, so, I don't know much about them.

Now that I think about it, I believe I added my most recent pics with the 135 or so I took and put them on Photobucket :mrgreen: Again, I can't believe I get to do this kind of thing, being able to interact and form a bond with such such loving animals like Skitter and Tazzina. They go crazy whenever they see me :lol: It's heartening that so many people like the pics as I feel they help convey what I felt that day. So I have them on Photobucket, but would be be convenient if I were to do something similar on this forum?

sarajeku wrote:This one is my favorite.

I know, right? She's such a sweet little fox! Really loves being around me, even though I'm not her owner and all. She just loves company and makes the most adorable noises when excited. Who'd thought canids like foxes could be so affectionate? Animals make the world a better place icon-smile
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:28 am

More Skitter! I can't get over how cute and fluffy she is, truly a friendly vulpine! I still think she's just about the sweetest fox I've played with. Okay, she's right on par with Fable, the super adorable cross fox! Both of them are so gentle! Her expressions, her black paws and bushy tail...I can't contain the cuteness levels.....my heart's gonna explode yet again ROFL!

It's odd, the more and more I play with these animals (esp. Skitter), the more and more I want a pet fox. However, I've no right to say that as I'm far from being qualified enough to take care of them ;)

pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:47 pm

never seen a fox shed the way she is. mine groom each other, maybe that is why :shrug:

how old is she?

the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:55 pm

pat wrote:never seen a fox shed the way she is. mine groom each other, maybe that is why :shrug:

how old is she?

I think either three or four years old.....I think? Not too sure, but she's still pretty young. Her winter coat just doesn't want to leave her tail :lol: ROFL she's so cute! She always gnaws at her loose fur, but probably doesn't care about it too much. Every time I see her, or another tame/domesticated fox, it makes me want to have one as a pet even more. :mrgreen:

Too bad Utah's laws for pet foxes is so tricky. Not illegal, just a pain in the butt to deal with, a lot of documentation, vaccinations, etc to go through. I also love Ash's Fable and glad it worked out for her in being able to keep him, he's so sweet <3 When I call their name, they just run up to me, it's very touching and I almost melted from the affection.
Jen Jen

Postby Jen Jen » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:13 pm

Her coat looks so funny, have you tried grooming her, is does she just not allow that?
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:22 pm

Jen Jen wrote:Her coat looks so funny, have you tried grooming her, is does she just not allow that?

Nah, I never tried grooming her, her coat just doesn't want to let go :lol: I think it gives her a certain charm, like a cuteness intensifier. I really wish I could have a pet fox, but Utah's laws are a pain to work with, well that, and I've limited experience with foxes. Bu they're just too darn cute! Heck, all canids are :mrgreen:

The first time I went into her cage, I called her name and she ran right up to me, started hugging my legs and demanding chin scratches, my heart exploded suffice to say. Animals make the world a better place. Despite being a "wild" animal, I feel perfectly safe when I'm by myself in her cage, and that says a lot I think.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:07 pm

my foxes are all shedded out now. mostly my older fox is. he looks so skinny.
but, as you know, in the fall is when foxes begin their beautiful coat.

how long have you been interacting with this fox? she seems so very friendly.

maybe later down the road, you could get a fox. by then, you would a lot of experience.

the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:26 pm

pat wrote:my foxes are all shedded out now. mostly my older fox is. he looks so skinny.
but, as you know, in the fall is when foxes begin their beautiful coat.

how long have you been interacting with this fox? she seems so very friendly.

maybe later down the road, you could get a fox. by then, you would a lot of experience.

Let's see, it actually began last December when Ash told me about the sanctuary being in Utah, I then contacted the owner and I told her how much I love animals and how I really wanted to play with a fox. We then go over there and her husband lets me in Skitter's pen. Obviously I didn't know what to expect and I admit I was somewhat nervous as I never interacted with a vulpine before. However, when I got on my knees and called her name, she ran right up to me excitedly. I fell in love with foxes or rather, the love was reaffirmed. Then next was the end of April, then my internship began in June and I have had chances to interact every other week since. It's been an awesome experience for me and I would at least like to think I learned a little bit on fox behaviors and emotions. Every time I've gone over there from December 2012 to now, I think she may recognize me, I don't know, I don't want to assume that I'm an expert. But I think she may recognize me as someone she can trust to a degree, enough to show her affection, which again, makes me feel wonderful about life. To some people that may seem weird to have such a strong passion with certain species, but I don't think it is. Even though it's not every week, the fact I get to interact with animals at all has been a real boon for me and I hope they can extend the internship icon-smile

Sorry for the tl:dr, but I can't get over how wonderful it is to do this :mrgreen: She is very friendly around people :P As for a pet, I don't think I have what it takes quite yet, I don't know what I need to do to prove that I can take care of such a unique animal. However, deep down inside, there are palpable doubts and inherent fears that I have regarding owning one, that I hope never come to fruition. I'll spare the details as I'm sure said fears and reservations are trivial :icon-wink: Let's just say some of those fears would likely be paralytic.
pat
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby pat » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:48 pm

it sure sounds like you have a lot of common sense. the fact that you knelt down to the fox, was a very good move.
most foxes with new people sometimes feel intimated by people that stand or even bend over at them.
the shorter you made yourself, the better.

I believe she knows who you are. foxes are pretty smart animals, and knows who is who.
a friend of mine use to visit my foxes, my oldest fox loved him. my friend would give him eggs.
daryl remembered him everytime he visited. daryl would jump all over him. where as, other people, he didn't bother with much.

the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:57 pm

pat wrote:it sure sounds like you have a lot of common sense. the fact that you knelt down to the fox, was a very good move.
most foxes with new people sometimes feel intimated by people that stand or even bend over at them.
the shorter you made yourself, the better.

I believe she knows who you are. foxes are pretty smart animals, and knows who is who.
a friend of mine use to visit my foxes, my oldest fox loved him. my friend would give him eggs.
daryl remembered him everytime he visited. daryl would jump all over him. where as, other people, he didn't bother with much.

Well, okay, I guess I have some common sense when it comes to the approach :lol: From my understanding, lowering your body to their eye level makes you less intimidating, which might explain why people do it to dogs as well. Foxes are indeed very intelligent animals, so it does sound like she recognizes me and why she gets so affectionate when I go in her enclosure.

Man, but I can't help but feel an insatiable desire to interact as much as I can with these wonderful animals, and I can't emphasize enough how much it means to me. Heck. my parents, sisters and some of my friends stated to me that they could see me doing something like this as a career or at least a hobby; funny how people can see the potential we can't see ourselves. Just spouting off I'm sure, but this is something I feel very passionate about :mrgreen: I really would love to have a pet fox, I really do...but again, the fears.

Return to “FOXES”