PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Riot the red fox

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

foxfriends

Riot the red fox

Postby foxfriends » Mon Jun 16, 2014 12:18 am

Just haven't been on here and so here's for the few people were wanting an update and those who just love foxes!

Riot (born 3/29) has been getting better and better as the days go on (dreading that teenage stage though haha)
He uses his litterbox 90%. I managed to eliminate possession aggression towards me COMPLETELY. This was huuuge. No food aggression either. icon-smile

He has learned to sit patiently for treats but sometimes gets impatient for new things.
He is a very happy guy. So happy he often get excited over nothing. It is so funny because he tries to run to his litterbox and leaves trails of pee. He as also learned something I teach my dogs, licking is nice biting is bad. If he gets rough I gekk at him, and I haven't had to lately but real bad I will scruff him using my mouth. I haven't had any behavioral problems I couldn't figure out myself or the online community couldn't help me with :mrgreen:

I try to treat him how a mother fox would as much as I can and it seems to be turning out well. He is even coming to his name now!

So proud and I just wanted to share. icon-smile

(it wouldn't allow me to attach the picture. :shrug: )
Alynn

Re: Riot the red fox

Postby Alynn » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:40 pm

Riot's such a fantastic name for a fox!

I'm glad to hear that you've not been having any issues with aggression now that things have been sorted out with them.

To attach a picture you need to click "upload attachment" and choose the file, and click 'add the file' next to it.
If it's not in acceptable format or it's too large, it might not upload.
here's more in dept instructions: http://www.sybilsden.com/addpost.htm

Alternatively, you can upload pictures on imgur, photobucket, imageshack, or another place that hosts pictures and link them by clicking Img in the top of the text box and make sure the direct image url is in between the [ img ] (here!) [ /img ] brackets.

Hopefully you can get that worked out because I'd really enjoy seeing pictures. :icon-wink:
Aero

Postby Aero » Tue Jun 17, 2014 5:37 am

Wow that's amazing ! It sounds like you are pretty much in control over him, good job. Is it your first fox ? Also can't wait the pictures, even tho i'm not hyper active on forum i love seeing new foxes !
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:55 am

Congratulations! What a perfect name for a foxy. ;) I'm glad to hear everything is going so well with your little one. That's great you've been able to train the food aggression/possessiveness out of him. Hopefully it will stay like that. Fable was great about it up until I got a demanding job and my sister was his primary caretaker for a couple months--she let him get away with anything, lol. Years later, he is still super relaxed as far as his possessive aggression goes, but not like how he was when he was younger.

Riot sounds adorable. Hopefully Alynn's advice about posting pictures will be useful--we all want to see the little fur ball. :icon-wink:
3 red fox, 4 iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, tarantula
foxfriends

Postby foxfriends » Wed Aug 23, 2017 11:47 pm

foxfriends wrote:Just haven't been on here and so here's for the few people were wanting an update and those who just love foxes!

Riot (born 3/29) has been getting better and better as the days go on (dreading that teenage stage though haha)
He uses his litterbox 90%. I managed to eliminate possession aggression towards me COMPLETELY. This was huuuge. No food aggression either. icon-smile

He has learned to sit patiently for treats but sometimes gets impatient for new things.
He is a very happy guy. So happy he often get excited over nothing. It is so funny because he tries to run to his litterbox and leaves trails of pee. He as also learned something I teach my dogs, licking is nice biting is bad. I haven't had any behavioral problems I couldn't figure out myself or the online community couldn't help me with :mrgreen:

I try to treat him how a mother fox would as much as I can and it seems to be turning out well. He is even coming to his name now!

So proud and I just wanted to share. icon-smile

(it wouldn't allow me to attach the picture. :shrug: )

EDIT: Removed where I mentioned some poor handling I used in the past. Wouldn't want others to do the same.
Peacefulward

Postby Peacefulward » Thu Aug 24, 2017 12:45 am

Very nice, congratulations! Riot sounds like a happy little guy. Would love to see some pictures.
5 Dogs, 2 cats, 2 leopard geckos, 1 guinea pig, 1 axolotl, and a coatimundi currently in my family. :)

Exotic "wishlist": red fox, arctic fox, gray fox, bat eared fox, fennec fox, mink, muntjac deer, owl (any species).
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Thu Aug 24, 2017 1:56 am

Glad things are going so well.

There's a size limit on photos. It's easier just to embed or link them from elsewhere.

Return to “FOXES”