https://www.gofundme.com/f/my-sick-beagle-dog

could anyone post this on their Facebook, or whatever they have for media. It is for Lucy (my beagle) She is totally blind from cataracts in both eyes. She can get surgery, but, it cost $1000.00 per eye. Even if I got one eye done, it is better than nothing at all.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dog food recalls: viewtopic.php?f=67&t=14747]

Sweet Skitter 2014

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, hecate, TamanduaGirl

the_randomizer

Sweet Skitter 2014

Postby the_randomizer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 7:24 pm

Not sure if this is acceptable to make another thread, if I should post it on the Sybil's Den FB group, or if anyone will actually be able to see my post (for whatever reasons), but I felt like posting pics of Skitter, starting with March, when I saw her after the winter hiatus :mrgreen: I absolutely love the way she greets me whenever I call her name, on her back, ears folded, tail wagging and panting/squeaking with delight, just such a sweet little vixen, she melts my heart, and I just feel her love <3 <3 <3 <3

Fun fact: I counted all the pictures (in folders at least) I have of Skitter. I have a staggering 1,720 or so pictures of her :shock:

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Sweet Skitter 2014

Postby Ash » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:18 pm

Aaaahhh... She's so cute! She's poofy in these pictures. :) I love how she comes right over to interact with you. Has she tried taking your camera case again, lol?
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:40 pm

Ash wrote:Aaaahhh... She's so cute! She's poofy in these pictures. :) I love how she comes right over to interact with you. Has she tried taking your camera case again, lol?

Not lately, no, she hasn't tried to steal it :lol: She's so hyper and gets so excited when I call her name, I swear there's a bond there, I feel something deep and profound, and yes when she gets fluffy, she gets FLUFFY :mrgreen: Despite being a fox and being "wild", she certainly has a sweet disposition around people and makes the cutest noises :lol:

She may not be my pet fox, but I feel at peace around foxes in general, not sure how to properly word that.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Sep 03, 2014 10:55 pm

Skitter's one of the prettiest red foxes I'd ever seen. And so cute and tiny. I only think Ifrit is prettier, haha. Still waiting to see how big Ifrit gets--I'm hoping she doesn't get bigger than Skitter. I like how tiny and dainty the females look sometimes.

Do you ever make it in with the other foxies? I've been over just a couple mornings to help water and feed since I've moved here, but I swear Dixie (silver female) hates me, lol. She gives me the evil eye whenever I walk past. Something tells me she and I wouldn't get along well. :lol:

Zeus is a cutie though. I like him.
I'm Fable and Ifrit's mommy. Also mommy to Carousel, Breeze, and a bunch of snakes, lizards, and spiders. Oh, and one amphibian!
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Wed Sep 03, 2014 11:49 pm

Ash wrote:Skitter's one of the prettiest red foxes I'd ever seen. And so cute and tiny. I only think Ifrit is prettier, haha. Still waiting to see how big Ifrit gets--I'm hoping she doesn't get bigger than Skitter. I like how tiny and dainty the females look sometimes.

Do you ever make it in with the other foxies? I've been over just a couple mornings to help water and feed since I've moved here, but I swear Dixie (silver female) hates me, lol. She gives me the evil eye whenever I walk past. Something tells me she and I wouldn't get along well. :lol:

Zeus is a cutie though. I like him.

Nah, the other foxes are too skittish around me :lol: Zeus is the one that nipped at me last year, didn't hurt that much actually, but I thought he was letting me get close, but nope! "NOM" lol, I was no worse for wear. Skitter's the one I'm closest with and the one I spend the most time with when I'm there, she's so pretty, very affectionate and just fun to be around :mrgreen: If there's anything I've learned in the two or so years, is foxes are some of the most multifaceted, quixotic and enigmatic creatures that I ever encoutered and are animals that my mom and have fallen in love with icon-smile

I'd never want to trade the experiences I have had and continue to have.
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:02 am

Ah, bad Zeus. I was watering him through the bars and he came over and sniffed my hand a few times. I'd like to go in with him. He seems nice to me, lol. Maybe he just likes girls. ;)

It's funny how foxes take to certain people. Dixie is very happy to see her owners, but she definitely did NOT want anything to do with me. He ears went back (in angry mode) and her tail swished. And she gave me the "eye." Looked a lot like how Fable acted towards me sometimes this past winter. I don't go there often enough anymore though.

Fable takes to everyone who doesn't look nervous, lol. If someone comes into his enclosure cautiously, he suddenly gets suspicious and jumpy. But if new people come in acting all loud and confident, he's super excited. Kind of the opposite probably than most foxes in that regard. He'll go to the boisterous people and shy away from the ones that hang back.

And Ifrit doesn't even bother to read people. She's just like "oh, look, more two-legged people to jump on!" I'm really curious how she'll be once she's full grown. I really like her personality--she's just a dumb goofball.

I like the first picture where Skitter's chewing on your thumb, lol. She looks like she was just playing the "pet my tummy so I can kick you" game.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:18 am

Ash wrote:Ah, bad Zeus. I was watering him through the bars and he came over and sniffed my hand a few times. I'd like to go in with him. He seems nice to me, lol. Maybe he just likes girls. ;)

It's funny how foxes take to certain people. Dixie is very happy to see her owners, but she definitely did NOT want anything to do with me. He ears went back (in angry mode) and her tail swished. And she gave me the "eye." Looked a lot like how Fable acted towards me sometimes this past winter. I don't go there often enough anymore though.

Fable takes to everyone who doesn't look nervous, lol. If someone comes into his enclosure cautiously, he suddenly gets suspicious and jumpy. But if new people come in acting all loud and confident, he's super excited. Kind of the opposite probably than most foxes in that regard. He'll go to the boisterous people and shy away from the ones that hang back.

And Ifrit doesn't even bother to read people. She's just like "oh, look, more two-legged people to jump on!" I'm really curious how she'll be once she's full grown. I really like her personality--she's just a dumb goofball.

I like the first picture where Skitter's chewing on your thumb, lol. She looks like she was just playing the "pet my tummy so I can kick you" game.

Not sure what his beef is, he's just a derp fox perhaps :lol: Dixie, same thing, along with Scout, they seem very wary around anyone but their owners, only time I went in Scout's enclosure was when Sarah needed to administer medicinal eye drops and she cradled him while I helped put them on his eye. It was slightly swollen, due to some pollen reaction I think, but he recovered just fine. I felt bad for him though, seeing his pain, I almost wanted to cry, you know? But, he's healthy and skittish as usual lol. Tazzina, though not a fox, seems to love being around me and gets so excited when I go up to her, licks my hands and arms over and over again, such a sweet coyote for sure <3 I just have a strong bias for canids, they seem to be very compassionate around those they trust.

The fact Tazzina and Skitter love being around me speaks volumes of the bond animals can form with people, and not everyone can bond with animals for one reason or another :mrgreen:

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Thu Sep 04, 2014 6:15 am

Aaaaw. The second one of her face is precious!

Scout was the first fox I truly "interacted" with. Yes, he's skittish, but it was very good for me to appreciate the behavior of a fox that wasn't social with people and who was wary. He never let me touch him whenever I cleaned his enclosure, but every now and again he would come over and sniff my hand or try to take something--especially if I held still. But then if I moved, off he'd run! lol I know that he really likes his owner.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Thu Sep 04, 2014 11:45 am

Ash wrote:Aaaaw. The second one of her face is precious!

Scout was the first fox I truly "interacted" with. Yes, he's skittish, but it was very good for me to appreciate the behavior of a fox that wasn't social with people and who was wary. He never let me touch him whenever I cleaned his enclosure, but every now and again he would come over and sniff my hand or try to take something--especially if I held still. But then if I moved, off he'd run! lol I know that he really likes his owner.

Very much so, Skitter makes such adorable faces when I'm around her, that's what gets me a lot, when foxes make the faces that they do, either super content faces, super calm, feigned innocence (they're too good at that :lol: ) or just a normal vulpine expression. Just being around animals brings me a lot of joy, and for those who I share the pics with as well as stories behind them, very therapeutic. :mrgreen: I've had Scout sniff my hand and I think I touched his nose once, I wanted to boop it but to no avail :lol: He's definitely the way a typical fox acts, I don't know his background but I know he's three, maybe four years old...I think?

I'm just glad I get to visit the animals every so often, it means a lot to me to help them, to interact with them, and the fact that the Jacobsen's trust me to the point of allowing me to intern/volunteer a second summer. icon-smile I hope that these experiences continue to help prep me if/when I'm ever ready or "qualified" enough for exotic pet ownership lol.
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Fri Sep 12, 2014 8:35 pm

Pics from my visit my mom and I made on the 4th :mrgreen: She was sooooo sweet! :mrgreen:

Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:42 pm

You take such nice pictures. :) You really capture her beauty well.

I love how red she is and how large her eyes are. :D
the_randomizer

Postby the_randomizer » Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:35 am

Ash wrote:You take such nice pictures. :) You really capture her beauty well.

I love how red she is and how large her eyes are. :D

I'm glad so many people love the pictures I take, I'm by no means a professional photographer lol, but one thing is for certain, I wish to capture the mysteriousness and beauty of vulpes vulpes :mrgreen: She is a very sweet and adorable little fox, and she's very pretty now, I can only imagine how puffy she'll be in winter :lol: What made me lol is the fact she booped her nose on my mom's as she tried to groom her face! icon-smile

Return to “FOXES”