PUT EXTRA MONEY IN YOUR POCKET
https://www.ebates.com/r/SYBIL414?eeid=29041

Fox owners in KY, TN, AL, GA?

Red, Silver, Marble,Fennec, grey, corsac, Artic Etc.

Moderators: Ash, TamanduaGirl

lovebaileyfox

Re: Fox owners in KY, TN, AL, GA?

Postby lovebaileyfox » Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:02 pm

But you can get a permit for it?
RabbleFox

Postby RabbleFox » Fri Apr 10, 2015 9:04 pm

lovebaileyfox wrote:But you can get a permit for it?

Tennessee is one of those states that has a permit program for reds and their color variations in place but it is very rare that they will grant anyone a permit for pet purposes.

Most fur farm laws dictate that a certain number of pelts be taken per year, meaning that using shed fur isn't going to fly. It's honestly just easier to get an Arctic or Fennec, whichever suits your lifestyle better.
~RabbleFox
Kiara0927

Postby Kiara0927 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 12:12 pm

:roll: I live in Tn I'm wanting to know do I need a permit for raising a fox and if so where do I get it...I'm wanting to purchase one from a breeder in Idaho..ANY INFORMATION will help ty and God Bless
TamanduaGirl
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby TamanduaGirl » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:48 pm

They are class 2 wildlife so you have to get a permit viewtopic.php?f=71&t=9065
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:51 pm

I own 3 red foxes in tn, and it's fairly easy to get a permit as long as you get from an approved usda licensed breeder. You can call walter cook at twra and ask about the breeder you are interested in to see if they are approved. I know Michael fraizer is in bybee,tn and breeds and is obviously approved.that's where 2 of my babies came from. You can look him or me up on Facebook. Until 2015 it was next to impossible to get permit for reds, but now it's a matter of filing out the paper,finding an approved breeder before hand and sending in a yearly fee of $31
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Sat Feb 18, 2017 2:52 pm

Where are you in tn? Just curious as i am in Knoxville :)
You are forever responsible for what you've tamed, responsible pet ownership starts with you.
I share my life with 4 red foxes,2 raccoons, a couple human children, my hubby, dogs,and a snake
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Sat Feb 18, 2017 10:28 pm

Who breeds in Idaho? To my knowledge it's not legal to import foxes and there is only one owner there that I have ever heard of who imported his through some loophole. May be wrong, but would like to know who this is. :)
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
nursedmk

Postby nursedmk » Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:54 pm

We are in TN and have a Marble. Reds and Gray are legal here and are required to have a permit. It's only $31 a year. Other foxes are allowed without a permit.
MadHatter55

Postby MadHatter55 » Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:15 pm

just found this forum, and was wanting some info about adopting a marble or silver. I have been wanting to for years was just wondering tips, etc
Ash
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Ash » Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:53 pm

Hello, and welcome! Make your own thread and ask your questions. :) We'd love to hear more about your future fox.
3 red fox, 4 pectinata iguanas, nile monitor, BW tegu, sailfin dragon, leachie gecko, 6 snakes, 2 salamanders, 3 tarantulas
Karmac

Postby Karmac » Tue Mar 13, 2018 11:59 am

Do any of you you know anyone in Tennessee who could take in a red fox WITHOUT the intent to raise it for fur? I need someone who would allow it to live a natural, healthy life, providing it with plenty of space, safety relative to complete nature, and supply food and water, if it doesn't learn to hunt. It was orphaned. It will not have a mommy teaching it to hunt or to protect itself.
linseylou

Postby linseylou » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:09 pm

That's a tough one as it is illegal to own foxes in tn unless they've came from a licensed breeder...I don't know of any rehabbers that takes foxes, but that doesn't mean they don't exist, I can ask around, but unless it goes to a licensed rehabber it can't recieve vet care or be kept legally
Kwandrsn

Postby Kwandrsn » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:27 pm

These people are good for rehabilitating wild animals in middle tn

https://waldenspuddle.org
Kevin Anderson
Kwandrsn

Postby Kwandrsn » Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:31 pm

The phone number is on that website. You have to leave a message but they will call you back. Maybe they can help.
Kevin Anderson

Return to “FOXES”